Trip to Mackinac

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbreiler

We are planning a trip up to the wonderful city over Labor Day. Would like to know if there are any special frequencies we should listen to. I know that Marine Channels will be active, what about FD/PD and any others.

Thank you in advance

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
trip to macinac

hey man. enjoy the UP, i wish i could make it up there this year. Most operations are on MPSCS, MSP is district 8, Macinac Co. is # 49, Luce Co. is 48.
Macinac Co. Police/Fire (was) 155.490 Mhz.

I just bought my 396, and havent been able to gather talk groups yet.
let me know what you find.

Pete

seamusg

bbreiler said:
We are planning a trip up to the wonderful city over Labor Day. Would like to know if there are any special frequencies we should listen to. I know that Marine Channels will be active, what about FD/PD and any others.

Thank you in advance
Labor day will have the bridge walk, so some of the EVENT TG's should be active on MPSCS. All the traffic on MPSCS is digital.

bbreiler

part of the reason we are going up there is the annual bridge walk, plus we just want to get away from home for a little while. I have a 396 so we will be able to listen to the state system.

seamusg

bbreiler said:
part of the reason we are going up there is the annual bridge walk, plus we just want to get away from home for a little while. I have a 396 so we will be able to listen to the state system.
Looks like you have the right type of scanner for it, should be a lot of traffic on MPSCS.

bbreiler

what marine frequencies will be active up there? I would like to hear ship traffic as well as the fishing boats coming in and out.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.