Trip to San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benmin

Premium Subscriber
Hello all Texans!
I am going to be taking a business trip to San Antonio next week - I was hoping that someone would happen to have a file for San Antonio that I can upload to my 396.
please my email is DookieCHP@gmail.com

I do have ARC-Pro and of course the Uniden SW that I can upload the files to the radio. I appreciate any help that anoy one can give me.

Today is my only day off before I go and my only day off since 2 weeks. I will be staying at hotel section on the River Walk.

Again, I thank anyone that will be willing to share!

Benjamin

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't have a file, but you might be a little disappointed with what you can monitor here in San Antonio, especially downtown.

All of San Antonio's public safety is on the EDACS ProVoice system and is digital provoice. You can monitor some of the other local municipalities, and surrounding counties, and the military installations but that's about it.

Other things that are good to monitor are Airlife dispatch and Bexar County Fire Alarm (rural area Fire departments)

Warm regards,

Benmin

Premium Subscriber
I am not familiar with the Provoice stuff - this means I will not be able to listen? Is it because it is scrambled?
Bummer!

Well if that is the case then I can just grab it all from RR with ARC downloader. what a bummer!

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
ben,
There is normally a whole lot of federal activity here. Check the federal link in the Bexar County database page, everything is relatively current. CBP and FPS are daily, DEA and USMS are pretty regular, USSS and FBI are sporadic but enough that you'll want to tune in.

Other than that, depending on your location DPS (Highway Patrol) should be good, and you never know when TABC might be doing a sting.

If you've got your heart set on SAPD or BCSO though, you're outta luck.

davidbond21

If you've got your heart set on SAPD or BCSO though, you're outta luck.

Like was said, you're not going to be hearing much as far as San Antonio/Bexar County Public Safety, but you can at least program in the SA/Bexar Gold Simulcast which the Bexar County SO uses, and they have 3 analog talkgroups that you can monitor(as long as your 396 has been updated to handle ESK). I've heard everything from administrative chit chat to foot pursuits to the bomb squad being called out on these three talkgroups, and with precious little else to listen to, you might as well load them in there.

1042 - SO East Open
1044 - SO West Open
1046 - SO Central Open

Status
Not open for further replies.