Triple Fatal, we all missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
(CBS4) AURORA, Colo. Three people are dead after an accident on Interstate 225 early Saturday morning.

At about 3:35 a.m., an Isuzu Trooper traveling south on I-225 went out of control and rolled into the median just north of Mississippi Avenue, ending up in the northbound fast lane, police said.

A Good Samaritan going northbound in a red Dodge Neon stopped to help along with some others going southbound. A Ford Explorer plowed into the Neon and the people helping in the median.

The Explorer hit four people in the median, killing two at the scene. A third person died in surgery.

Eight people were transported to the hospital, including two children. The children are expected to survive.

I-225 was shut down in both directions between Alameda & Mississippi until just after eight o'clock Saturday morning.

funcritter

I heard it as they got the calls. Seems like that time of the morning is the only time I get to listen anymore. I thnk the original call came in through Adams County because I usually only monitor Adams County and Westy.

One of the people who was hit and killed was trying to assist someone in the original rollover accident.

Moosemedic

Both Channel 9 and 4 report that actually 4 bystanders were hit, and 3 were killed.

According to both news broadcasts, 4 seperate cars stopped, with 4 seperate people going to the aid of the original accident. If I understood correctly there were 6 cars, 2 DRT, and 8 transported.

No explanation about the initial roll over of the Isuzu, or mention of the driver of the Explorer that actually killed the 3 that had stopped.

Someone refresh my memory, what's the statictics (likelyhood) on DUI's and 4 am?

Troop

Moosemedic said:
Both Channel 9 and 4 report that actually 4 bystanders were hit, and 3 were killed.

According to both news broadcasts, 4 seperate cars stopped, with 4 seperate people going to the aid of the original accident. If I understood correctly there were 6 cars, 2 DRT, and 8 transported.

No explanation about the initial roll over of the Isuzu, or mention of the driver of the Explorer that actually killed the 3 that had stopped.

Someone refresh my memory, what's the statictics (likelyhood) on DUI's and 4 am?

VERY likely

RISC777

funcritter said:
I heard it as they got the calls. Seems like that time of the morning is the only time I get to listen anymore. I thnk the original call came in through Adams County because I usually only monitor Adams County and Westy.

One of the people who was hit and killed was trying to assist someone in the original rollover accident.

I heard the beginning also and some of the "middle of it," just like the chopper stand-by right now in/for Aurora, but was busy with work (and, honestly, it can be taxing on the mind to listen to the incidents that are on the rather 'bad' side).

Aurora's chopper launch is 10 minute ETA from 19:17 - Aurora EDACS TAC2 04-022.

Status
Not open for further replies.