Trouble listening to certain frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble listening to certain frequency.

As i have posted before i have been trying to pinpoint the frequency to my company truck radios.* I think i finally got them pinpointed but when anyone talks on company radios the scanner channel sounds like a machine gun going off.

What is going on.* The company station is wqqc284 and frqcys are..

Truck transmission 468.2375 (60 units)

Repeater
463.2375 (when others talk it makes same sound)

Are there any other scanners that can get it. ( i using radio shack pro 404)* truck radios are Motorola4550)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You're trying to listen to a TDMA digital signal with an analog scanner. You need a scanner that can decode the digital signal.

A little more help in english please

Can you respecify what tdmae or what it was you said. What kind of scanner do i need or will do the trick

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Looking at the FCC license for your employer, it shows an emission designator of 7K60FXE.
That's the emission used by DMR, often the Motorola brand name of MotoTrbo. The model radio you listed confirms this.

You'll need a scanner capable of decoding MotoTrbo. However, that may not be enough, it's really easy to set these radios to encryption. You won't be able to tell unless you look at the actual radio programming, or buy an expensive scanner, try to listen in and discover you can't.

Only way to tell is to find someone locally that has a scanner capable of MotoTrbo/DMR and have them check. Since these scanners can be expensive, it would be a real good idea to figure this out first.

As to exactly what brand/model scanner you need, I'll leave that up to the scanner guys here. I just work on systems and use 2 way radios. Haven't owned a scanner in a long time.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
If it is unencrypted, another option would be to use a handheld DMR radio to monitor this traffic. For example, the CS-580 costs around $130 which is much less than a DMR capable scanner (typically $350-$500). See:
CS-580 Specs - Miklor

Status
Not open for further replies.