SDS100/SDS200: Trouble with software download for SDS 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a new SDS100 Uniden scanner and am having major trouble downloading the software. I've gone to the site provided by Uniden for download but when I try to install the program my PC tells me I need to install NET 2.0 files. That site no longer supports this older file/program. My computer is Windows 10 and it tells me I have the latest NET files installed. Still no luck and very frustrated. Any suggestions?

RadioSc

Doesn't play well with others

You will need to install the .net version it is asking you for.

In Windows 10, go to:

Control Panel --> Programs and features --> Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner)

once that window populates, click in the box that says ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) you don't need to select the 2 sub-headings under that main one.

Click OK, and it will be installed

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back so quickly with a reply. I've noticed that I've had to go into Windows on other occasions and tweak the settings to get other programs to work. I will try these instructions as soon as I get home. Thanks again for your help!

Fidgety9996

This is a shame that uniden didnt fix the fauly software, also when it comes to date separator in windows regional settings which cause the software not to run at all if you have europe settings!!!

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
This is a shame that uniden didnt fix the fauly software, also when it comes to date separator in windows regional settings which cause the software not to run at all if you have europe settings!!!

That usually isn't a problem, as North America does not use European settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.