Truckee Fire Tac.????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking through the 2009 CAL-Fire frequency list and noticed a frequency I havent seen before, it shows a Truckee Fire Tac.
RX:154.3250 TX:153.5450
I work on the Tahoe National Forest, and this wasnt listed in the Truckee Dist bank. Also we still hear Grass Valley assign White Fire-3 as tac. Any insight would be great!!!!!!
Thanks!!!!

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
I was looking through the 2009 CAL-Fire frequency list and noticed a frequency I havent seen before, it shows a Truckee Fire Tac.
I work on the Tahoe National Forest, and this wasnt listed in the Truckee Dist bank. Also we still hear Grass Valley assign White Fire-3 as tac. Any insight would be great!!!!!!
Thanks!!!!
That pair is licensed to Truckee FPD with 154.325 repeaters on Signal Peak and Donner Summit.

The FCC record is kind of vague, but it appears that the 153.545 half came from the Donner Summit PUD a few years ago.

Last edited:

code3cowboy

Realize the CDF load can be a year behind as the load needs to be set up and given to the units/counties so they can set up their 96 channels before the fire season.
Having the channel(s) not in the federal radios comes from a lack of communication between the state and fed techs, a lack of time/funding/whatever in being able to reprogram the fleet, a radio that is dropped/lost/"lost" or was otherwise replaced somewhere along the way and merely cloned from another radio.
White 3 may be assigned for any number of reasons. Check with the truckee guys as to when they use their own channel.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Thanks!!!!

That frequency pair is known as "Truckee Repeated Tac", and is used by Truckee Fire District for local use. It is NOT assigned as a working tactical, nor is it even accessible by the ECC in Grass Valley.

The Primary tac net for all the Eastside fire agencies (in Nevada and Placer counties) is White Fire 3, and the secondary is White Fire 2. North Tahoe and Meeks Bay also use the old Placer East as a repeated tactical in the same way Truckee uses theirs.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Truckee Fire worked a TC in front of us on Hwy 89 at Alpine Meadows in North Lake Tahoe last weekend, and White 3 was the assigned tac.

Status
Not open for further replies.