Trunked EMS/Fire Dispatching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssozio

So I've been scanning a lot recently around Somerset County in the Montgomery region and I really don't understand how EMS/Fire is paged. I tried listening to the 470.1375 frequency that is for "county alerts and Fire/EMS paging" but I when a tone would go off it was very broken up and it seemed to be masked by a blank noise. How does this all work?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Loud & clear here for every dispatch on my side of Somerset County - where are you located?

ssozio

I'm over in Montgomery - about a minute from Squad 47's station. What do you hear on that frequency?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Just about every current FD & EMS that operates on the TRS gets dispatched there. I'm not even sure if my town's EMS gets tagged there, or on their original freq. of 155.280 (shows you how much excitement goes on in this town!).

All of the MICU trucks get paged there as well, and Green Brook can now be heard there (depending on who's behind the mic at HQ - my buddy who works there will always simulcast on their old VHF as well. He does it for the older guys that still have Plectrons at home).

robbinsj2

Plus a number of agencies which are still paged on old channels have their pages multicast over that UHF channel as well. Franklin is doing this with their squads, county was and may still be doing this with the Franklin fire companies, I think I heard Bridgewater doing this too.

If you programmed 470.1375 with the PL, try removing the PL and making it carrier squelch.

There have been complaints from other scannists about poor reception of the trunked system and paging channel in parts of Montgomery, maybe you're just in a bad area.

Scott -- I noticed 74R paged on JEMS-3 a couple weeks ago, not sure whether it was multicast on 470.1375. 47R is on JEMS-1, I'm not sure where 79R is these days, I do hear them but never remember to look at what channel it is.

Jim

ssozio

Thanks for all of your help! I'll give moving around the county a shot and see what I can come up with.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Scott -- I noticed 74R paged on JEMS-3 a couple weeks ago, not sure whether it was multicast on 470.1375. 47R is on JEMS-1, I'm not sure where 79R is these days, I do hear them but never remember to look at what channel it is.

74R is being multicast on 470 & JEMS-3. 47R is being multicast on 470 & JEMS-1, and 79R is still just on JEMS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.