trunked system problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

np4r

HI , Im trying to program a trunked system into my trx-1 , a friend sent me the file with the system included so i just have to open it in Ez scan and all set. The problem is that after adding this system nothing comes up , no audio , nothing just keeps scanning and anything else. At first I though it was my location so i took my scanner to my work site and connected an outside antenna and it do the same. Is there anything that im doing wrong in the software? Any advice on how to do it wright ? I have a Discone Antenna in a 25 feet tower . (All other system works fine )..... Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    327.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    84.6 KB · Views: 31

jnlannon

NK2J
Hi there np4r
Nothing looks out of place on the Site Details tab. Can you please share your Talkgroup Details tab and include the Scanlists column on the far right. If there are no talkgroups under the tab, that's where the problem is. If there are talkgroups but they aren't assigned to an active scanlist (the lists that show while scanning) you won't hear anything. Let's see what you have for Talkgroups and we can go from there.

np4r

Hi there np4r
Nothing looks out of place on the Site Details tab. Can you please share your Talkgroup Details tab and include the Scanlists column on the far right. If there are no talkgroups under the tab, that's where the problem is. If there are talkgroups but they aren't assigned to an active scanlist (the lists that show while scanning) you won't hear anything. Let's see what you have for Talkgroups and we can go from there.

HI KJ7KMX DE NP4R!

Attachments

• Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    353.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    293.3 KB · Views: 26

jnlannon

NK2J
Thanks for the screenshots. So, you've confirmed that the scanlist these talkgroups are assigned to are enabled, so that’s good, and nothing looks bad. As a test, I was able to import the High Tech Communication system into my software and it looks just like yours (Site freqs and options). Aside from the delay time on the wildcard, and additional talkgroups, it looks the same as yours but there are more settings to look at besides what you sent. I've compiled screenshots from my import and attached it to this post. Check it so see if there are differences in other settings. Another option is to delete and import the system for yourself, I've included the process I used in the attachment.

Attachments

• High Tech Communication.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Two suggestions I'd make, if for no other reason than testing, change the Color Code to any and add a Radio ID Details Wildcard in addition to the talkgroup wildcard. I've seen systems set up where calls were private calls rather than group.

Also under the ADVANCED SETTINGS tab and AUDIO OPTIONS make sure encryption is set to audio tone or Digital Noise, like in this screen shot, that way if it is encrypted you'll hear the tone or audio.

Screenshot 2020-06-07 04.51.43 (2).png

Last edited:

np4r

Thanks for the screenshots. So, you've confirmed that the scanlist these talkgroups are assigned to are enabled, so that’s good, and nothing looks bad. As a test, I was able to import the High Tech Communication system into my software and it looks just like yours (Site freqs and options). Aside from the delay time on the wildcard, and additional talkgroups, it looks the same as yours but there are more settings to look at besides what you sent. I've compiled screenshots from my import and attached it to this post. Check it so see if there are differences in other settings. Another option is to delete and import the system for yourself, I've included the process I used in the attachment.

hi , I did all the instructions you sent me , im monitoring to see if something happens , many thanks!

thanks too N1GAW !

Status
Not open for further replies.