Trunking Recorder Webserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonk

Feed Provider
I have Trunking Recorder successfully running with Unitrunker + Airspy .....It is recording 4 VCO's at once with no problems. I can view / listen to recordings locally.

My question deals with the Webserver portion. I have the Webserver port at 8080 - I have opened the port in my firewall - I have found my IP Address for external connection - now I just need some help getting this to connect from outside the network.

Any ideas or tips on the proper path or URL to access the webserver - has anyone been successful doing this ?

Thanks in advance for any tips or thoughts.

Also if you have any questions on getting this same thing setup - just let me know and I can share what little knowledge I have.

Jason

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have Trunking Recorder successfully running with Unitrunker + Airspy .....It is recording 4 VCO's at once with no problems. I can view / listen to recordings locally.

My question deals with the Webserver portion. I have the Webserver port at 8080 - I have opened the port in my firewall - I have found my IP Address for external connection - now I just need some help getting this to connect from outside the network.

Any ideas or tips on the proper path or URL to access the webserver - has anyone been successful doing this ?

Thanks in advance for any tips or thoughts.

Also if you have any questions on getting this same thing setup - just let me know and I can share what little knowledge I have.

Jason

I think you need to do the following
1. Setup your Router Port Forwarding using port 8080 and TCP.
2. Go to Open Port Check Tool to verify that your server is running and can be seen from the outside.
3. Enter the IP address in your browser using your IP address. aaa.bbb.ccc.dd:8080
4. If you want to use a friendly URL name in lieu of the IP address then I would search for a no-ip service.

jasonk

Feed Provider
Thank you for the reply. Once I checked the port using your link - I found it was not open.

McAfee was the culprit ...so I disabled McAfee and the local Firewall - and I am good to go. Connects fine.

Thanks again - this is truly a great resource.

Jason

Scan-Denver

The port 80 or 8080 is not good to use. Hackers scan the net for those open ports and can cause havoc. use something between 2000 and 64000.

sossanator

Premium Subscriber
It took me a bit to get every thing configured as well. The hardest part was getting all the virtual audio cables in the right order. Here is the IP and port for my trunking recorder if any one is interested...

24.168.200.234:8035

Status
Not open for further replies.