• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Trunking System Question

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
I have multiple trunked systems in the P25 Trunking System Manager part of the software. Why aren't all of them showing as options when I look to add them to a Zone? All are within the correct frequency bands.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have multiple trunked systems in the P25 Trunking System Manager part of the software. Why aren't all of them showing as options when I look to add them to a Zone? All are within the correct frequency bands.

Did you import them from the system manager to the profile, before looking for them in E7?

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
that's where I'm running into issues - sorry, should have been more clear

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
are all your systems added in E2?
I'm not getting that option, despite the system I have in resources being within the correct frequency band. When I click "Add" some systems show up, but not all.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
that's where I'm running into issues - sorry, should have been more clear

You first import them in C1, from RR if possible, then open the profile you want to edit in E, next go to E2 and import the system from C1

2.JPG

Using Add System from Resources, repeat for all systems, then go to E7 and select the type (IE: Trunking TG Scan) and then they should show up.

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
You first import them in C1, from RR if possible, then open the profile you want to edit in E, next go to E2 and import the system from C1

View attachment 161320

Using Add System from Resources, repeat for all systems, then go to E7 and select the type (IE: Trunking TG Scan) and then they should show up.
When I select "Add System," the one I selected in the previous step is not showing up. Other systems are, but this one is not.

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
I am importing to the first step from RR. Then, when I try to add within the profile, it’s not among the options.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am importing to the first step from RR. Then, when I try to add within the profile, it’s not among the options.

What model of the pager do you have and what system are you having trouble with? I'm thinking there may be sites with frequencies not compatible with your model which prevents it from being available in E2.

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
What model of the pager do you have and what system are you having trouble with? I'm thinking there may be sites with frequencies not compatible with your model which prevents it from being available in E2.
G3, the West Virginia State Interoperable Radio Network. It’s UHF. There’s one site that I’m aware of that’s an outlier in terms of frequencies but the one site I’m monitoring is within the correct band.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
G3, the West Virginia State Interoperable Radio Network. It’s UHF. There’s one site that I’m aware of that’s an outlier in terms of frequencies but the one site I’m monitoring is within the correct band.

Then when importing into C1 remove (don't select) that site. Plus double check for others.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

This is the site. It would be compatible with any G3, right?

Appears to be. I'm at a lose what the issue is, sorry, I haven't run into the issue.

Last thing, post a screen shot of it in C1 and post the availability in E2 add Resources screen.

Perhaps you can reach out to the dealer.

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
This is above my head, but I know these are out of my unit's band split. Can someone explain? Mine is 450mhz to 520mhz

SIRN P25 Channel ID Table
CH ID Type Base (MHz) Spacing (KHz) Transmit Offset (MHz)
4 FDMA 450.00000 6.25 +5
5 FDMA 400.00000 6.25 +9
6 TDMA 450.00000 6.25 +5
7 TDMA 460.00000 6.25 +5