trunking with Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

3mary2

Can I enter more than one (1) trunking sytem on the same bank with the Id's numbers. It seems a waste of banks to only have one (1) trunking system and Id's. If this is possible could some take the time to point me in the right direction.

cristisphoto

MAybe but ONLY IF the system's are the same
Ie Motorola ,Edac's, or LTR ...
But Make sure ya know the ID's cause otherwise MASS confusion...
ME I prefer to sperat them
OF course now though I use my BCD396T for my trunked and Especially my digital systems;)

Warm Regards,
Crista

Also make Sho you have the PDF man..
It helps...

tbnmaster

You can do it with Motorola systems. You just need to leave a conventional channel inbetween each set of system frequencies. As far as EDACS goes, each system needs its own bank. I don't know about LTR though.

Hope this helps.

cristisphoto

Exactly!
Also Edacs MUST be In order as shown by RR...
I know San Francisco City and County of lol
has two different systems that folks often place together.
One is DPW Sewer MAps Animal Control etc
And the Other is SFPD, Fire, DPT
(Meter Maids), Sheriffs,
Vice, Narcs ,Special Tacs etc..
Soo
ME I seperate them cause it's easier for sooo
Yeah
Now, concerning LTR
Thats easy enough just set the bank to LTR and and frequ to LTR
SAME with Motorola, and Edacs.....

DELCOLHFC

If you are asking if you can have two trunked systems on the same bank that have some of the same talkgroup ID's (thats how I understood what you asked....?) the answer would be yes (best to put a conventional channel between them) BUT BUT BUT the talkgroups with the same ID's will not show the proper text tags everytime. Case in piont if system 1 has TG ID of 03792 assigned to the dogcatcher and in the same bank system 2 has TG ID 03792 (same ID #) assigned to fire dispatch the when sys 2 fire dispatches are put out you may see the text tag of dogcatcher displayed and vice-versa. Also I think both systems would have to be of the same type.(Type II, EDACS........etc.)
I hope this helps.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
LTR would need to have it's LCN, so I wouldn't put two in one bank. EDACS is the same way it too has an LCN. Get's really nasty if the LCN is not in the right order. Talk about a upset scanner. Whew!

jeffrey420

tbnmaster said:
You can do it with Motorola systems. You just need to leave a conventional channel inbetween each set of system frequencies. As far as EDACS goes, each system needs its own bank. I don't know about LTR though.

Hope this helps.

You can't mix a 400mhz MOT with a 800mhz MOT system though.

Status
Not open for further replies.