TRX-1 DMR HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
I have a TRX-1 and a BCD436HP. Both Radios side by side, both radios same antenna, same DMR and P25 Frequencies programmed to listen to. Both with the "out of the box" Factory settings. Both Programmed with p25 Talkgroups and DMR talkgroups. Same EXACT set up.

When I listen to the channels I preprogrammed, Uniden receives everything and the TRX-1 receives one channel.

Yes, I know....., all the Whistler supporters say, well maybe you should try this or you should try to adjust this. Well, the average user really doesn't know how to dig in like that and I have to say, it should work correctly out of the box for a $484.00 dollar radio. Just my opinion.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I have a TRX-1 and a BCD436HP. Both Radios side by side, both radios same antenna, same DMR and P25 Frequencies programmed to listen to. Both with the "out of the box" Factory settings. Both Programmed with p25 Talkgroups and DMR talkgroups. Same EXACT set up.

When I listen to the channels I preprogrammed, Uniden receives everything and the TRX-1 receives one channel.

Yes, I know....., all the Whistler supporters say, well maybe you should try this or you should try to adjust this. Well, the average user really doesn't know how to dig in like that and I have to say, it should work correctly out of the box for a $484.00 dollar radio. Just my opinion.

One thing I've learned about the Whistler scanners is that the squelch doesn't work the same as it does with the Unidens. Where do you have the squelch set? I've found that setting the squelch knob to the 1 or 2 o'clock position works much better than lets say 10 or 11 o'clock. The squelch more or less determines the scan speed. If set in the "white" area around the knob the scanner will scan much slower, especially trunked systems, and therefore miss traffic. If set more toward the right, it scans faster and misses less traffic.

Another thing you have to take into consideration are the dwell time values for trunk systems. On DMR for example, the default of 1 sec, is too long. I've had good experience with setting the DMR system dwell time to .4 sec.

BTW, I have both 436/536 and TRX-1/TRX-2. I use all 4 every day. All 4 need to be tailored for you're specific area in order to get the most out of each radio. You have to play with the internal settings. I have many scanners and radios. Not one worked like I wanted it to work "out of the box". Not even my Motorola was perfect out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.