Trx 1

Windfarmer

Premium Subscriber
Hi all ! we have Motorola cm200d Two way radios VHF and when I pick up the frequency with a whistler TRX 1 there is just white noise ;am I doing something wrong or is the TRX 1 not capable of picking up that traffic ?

ScannerSK

Digital vs. analog could definitely explain the issue. Depending upon the type of digital modulation being used it may sound just like white noise if the scanner cannot decode it.

You may want to check that "DG Mode" is set to Auto.

ScannerSK

The two emission designators on the FCC license are 11K2F3E and 7K60FXE.

The second one (7K60FXE) lists to "2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA voice" on the Wiki emission designator reference page.

The Wiki on the TRX-1 states it can decode MOTOTRBO signals however not trunktrack these signals.

On the above Wiki page it states the following:
"NOTE: GRE / RS / Whistler scanners will not trunk track this mode; they will decode the mode, show TG and slot information"
"Note that Whistler scanners cannot trunktrack MOTOTRBO systems. Whistler never bought the licenses, which is why the upgrades are free. The best these scanners can do is to decode the audio. This may be sufficient on systems that aren't too busy, but for busier systems, this is a serious limitation."

I would download the upgrade to decode DMR signals if you have not already done so. It appears to be free. This is about the best I can ascertain. Possibly another member can offer more assistance from here on how to program the SDS100 to receive MOTOTRBO signals.

Remon

If you set the mode to "auto" it can only receive analog and P25. For DMR you have to program it as DMR.

Exception here is the "tune mode", which can receive all supported modes.

Windfarmer

Premium Subscriber
If you set the mode to "auto" it can only receive analog and P25. For DMR you have to program it as DMR.

Exception here is the "tune mode", which can receive all supported modes.
OK that is where I messed up ,it was on auto ,I will switch it over to DMR