TRX Android Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

visegrip72

Glad you are up and running. Quick note - make sure your PC (the one running the server) has a static IP, or the port forwarding updates properly, in case your computer restarts and gets a new IP from your router. The same goes for your public IP. Either pay for a static IP from your ISP, or use a free DDNS service, such as FreeDNS, which is what I do. Using that setup, you can either have your router configured to update the DDNS, or your server (since it is online anyway) run a free app to keep the DDNS updated.

Or, if your IP does not change often, just remember to double check your IP addresses if the system fails to connect.

kmurphy41

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I was able to give my PC a static IP address thanks again for all your help.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

visegrip72

TRXa updated

There's a new update to the Android side of the software suite. Nothing changed on the Windows side. Two new features were added:

- The keypad can be locked via double-tap on LCD or via menu. This helps prevent hitting buttons on accident.

- The Android client can be closed while running in background by expanding the notification icon and tapping on "Stop Streaming". Useful if running in background and you need it to stop.

There is NO need to update the windows software, if it is running, leave it be. It is the same file. If you don't need or want the above features, you don't even need to update the Android side, just keep on scanning!

visegrip72

A new version of the Android app has been released. Thanks to a suggestion given by scosgt, the Android app now broadcasts info to a connected bluetooth devices. So, if you are pushing the audio through your car stereo, the stereo will now display some of the LCD. Basically lines 2 & 4 of the LCD are pushed to the Artist and Title. Also, the pause/play button on the bluetooth device hits the "Select" button on the radio. This has been tested on only a few car radios & a smartwatch, but should work on all. This feature is defaulted to OFF/DISABLED, you need to go to the advanced settings and enable it. There's also an advanced setting to display "Scanning" if the scanner is scanning, or leave the last transmission's info on the display. These bluetooth features will only work on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer. There has been no update to the Windows application, so no need to download replace that part.

scosgt

And this is what it looks like.

Attachments

• dashscan.jpg
    dashscan.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 438

krokus

Premium Subscriber
A new version of the Android app has been released. Thanks to a suggestion given by scosgt, the Android app now broadcasts info to a connected bluetooth devices. So, if you are pushing the audio through your car stereo, the stereo will now display some of the LCD. Basically lines 2 & 4 of the LCD are pushed to the Artist and Title. Also, the pause/play button on the bluetooth device hits the "Select" button on the radio. This has been tested on only a few car radios & a smartwatch, but should work on all. This feature is defaulted to OFF/DISABLED, you need to go to the advanced settings and enable it. There's also an advanced setting to display "Scanning" if the scanner is scanning, or leave the last transmission's info on the display. These bluetooth features will only work on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer. There has been no update to the Windows application, so no need to download replace that part.
This gives me some ideas.

Sent using Tapatalk

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Yay, updates!!!! Going TRX200 Art, might need to buy you one to make sure it works with the app, or provide necessary changes for compatibility. :)

Paul

visegrip72

Yay, updates!!!! Going TRX200 Art, might need to buy you one to make sure it works with the app, or provide necessary changes for compatibility. :)

Paul

Something tells me there will be no need and the software will work fine with the new scanners. Maybe because it works with the old ones ok too. We'll have to wait and see.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
There may be a bug in the new Android client associated with the play/pause bluetooth button. All night, my remote scanner was paused randomly, without me touching anything, and with the keypad lock function enabled. Sometimes I can hear a beep, and look to see it has paused, but many times, I don't realize it's paused and end up going deaf. I there a way to toggle off that function? The display info on/off selector doesn't seem to be connected to the bluetooth button play/pause function. I may have to return to the previous version.

Paul

scosgt

There may be a bug in the new Android client associated with the play/pause bluetooth button. All night, my remote scanner was paused randomly, without me touching anything, and with the keypad lock function enabled. Sometimes I can hear a beep, and look to see it has paused, but many times, I don't realize it's paused and end up going deaf. I there a way to toggle off that function? The display info on/off selector doesn't seem to be connected to the bluetooth button play/pause function. I may have to return to the previous version.

Paul

I have noticed this as well, when it connects to the BT screen it seems to default to PAUSE, however just hitting the Pause/Resume button on the phone seems to cure it. Probably related to the way the car implements bluetooth.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I use a Bluetooth headset, so no car attached. When I hit my call pickup/end button, it does nothing, but if I hold the button, it enables the play/pause function. I never hold the button, which is why I am assuming it is a glitch.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I actually like that it requires a long press on my Plantronics 5200 to play/pause, as a short press is easier to accidentally trip or hit while hanging up the phone calls etc.

Paul

visegrip72

New version uploaded. Added option to disable bluetooth buttons/control. Some devices auto play/pause on connect/disconnect. The option is disabled by default.

scosgt

New version uploaded. Added option to disable bluetooth buttons/control. Some devices auto play/pause on connect/disconnect. The option is disabled by default.

You are the man!
The ability to pause from the car screen is useful if you are not displaying the client on your phone. Quicker than trying to get back to it.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just installed the TRX Android Server on my Win 10 and LG phone, took a minimum amount of work but was able to work through it with a little help. The developer (Art) was really responsive to my emails and worked with me to get it running despite the late hour, which really surprised me.

Really like the ability to use my TRX-1 remotely and am very happy with the app. Can't always carry my scanner, but never leave home without my phone.

Thanks Art for your help and this incredible software/app!!!

BrianG61UK

Just installed the TRX Android Server on my Win 10 and LG phone, took a minimum amount of work but was able to work through it with a little help. The developer (Art) was really responsive to my emails and worked with me to get it running despite the late hour, which really surprised me.

Really like the ability to use my TRX-1 remotely and am very happy with the app. Can't always carry my scanner, but never leave home without my phone.

Thanks Art for your help and this incredible software/app!!!
I'd love to see a version of the server for single board computers. But I do understand that may not be possible.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.