TRX1 Sd cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP2

I know this has been talk about however I'm having a problem with a trying to find the right SD cards that will work. I've reloaded the new EZscan and attempted to download a know good file on the cards and I still can't seem to make them work. I used the prepare a card file and optimized the card but they will not work. I'm using scandisk 4 and 8 G cards. I think that maybe I should try to get them from Whistler if they sell them. I know the cards don't have to be high quality or fast. Maybe someone has had the same problems as I have could provide some guidance.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you check all the boxes in the "Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card for use" in the EZ Scan software. A regular Windows format of the SD card will not work. Use a USB adapter to a port on the computer rather than leaving the card in the radio for faster transfer and best results.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Not all cards are compatible They should to be CLASS 4 speed cards. (NOT CLASS 10) I only use Sandisk 8gb class 4 micro sd cards...amazon has them.
No need to get any bigger then 8gb as the recordings are very small and 8gb will gets me a year or more of recording 10 frequencies 24/7 YMMV.
Currently only 3rd party seller and that could lead to counterfiet cards but amazon will stand behind the sale. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZIEMWU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A3H8M2CQAAXZL9&psc=1

TOP2

Ok thanks I just order an 8gb card from Amazon I just click on the link Wackyracer provided hopefully it be a class 4. Also Jaspence I had been doing exactly what you described. When I downloaded a system and put the in card after doing everything you described and turn the power on I get a display that says loading firmware and after that nothing happens. Put my original SD card back in and it works fine. I've done this with 3 different new SD cards. So will see if Wacyracer idea works for me.
Thanks to both of you for the replies.
Mike

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks I just order an 8gb card from Amazon I just click on the link Wackyracer provided hopefully it be a class 4. Also Jaspence I had been doing exactly what you described. When I downloaded a system and put the in card after doing everything you described and turn the power on I get a display that says loading firmware and after that nothing happens. Put my original SD card back in and it works fine. I've done this with 3 different new SD cards. So will see if Wacyracer idea works for me.
Thanks to both of you for the replies.
Mike
If the sandisk from my link doesn't work then it is probably counterfeit. Make sure you use "Prepare the card" in ezscan before use.

TOP2

Just wanted to let everyone know Wackyracer was right I got my card in this evening programmed it and it worked like champ. So thank you much for everyone's input.
Mike

eyes00only

I have so much saved in my TRX file like various CDAT files, V-Folders and program files I don't even understand.
How would I copy & paste from what I have to a new SD card so that the new card could be installed and work correctly?
I'm afraid of messing up and losing everything.
I'm still confused by the fact that I have different V-Folders show from one computer to another. Example: Connected to my
desktop I have 25 folders and only 20 when connected to my laptop. I would like them to be the same.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I have so much saved in my TRX file like various CDAT files, V-Folders and program files I don't even understand.
How would I copy & paste from what I have to a new SD card so that the new card could be installed and work correctly?
I'm afraid of messing up and losing everything.
I'm still confused by the fact that I have different V-Folders show from one computer to another. Example: Connected to my
desktop I have 25 folders and only 20 when connected to my laptop. I would like them to be the same.
just use the Save or restore archive function in ezscan

eyes00only

just use the Save or restore archive function in ezscan
I do that but it goes into the TRX file on my computer. Also, I think that just archives the folder that is currently on in EZ Scan.
Attached is my TRX folder and I'm sure I shouldn't copy & paste this mess to a new SD card.

Attachments

• TRX folder.png
    TRX folder.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 14

higinbotham

Suggestion. I noticed that when I asked the program to format the original card for my TRX-2, it had this command
FORMAT (SD assigned Letter): /Q /FS:FAT32 /A:32k /x /V:TRX-2
I also had the error message till I did this to my 8GB Sandisk Ultra SD/HC card. I am assuming that the volume label is the main issue and possibly the allocation unit size. I have not used this command since DOS days:)
Hope this helps
William Higinbotham, The ASCII Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.