Trying to Cancel My Amateur License

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Seems odd to me as well. The OP joined RR and made a post here.... so he obviously knows of the existence of RR and the large amateur radio community here, yet he states.........

After months of being unable to connect with anyone or obtain meaningful guidance,

Rather than ask for help here at RR when he was spending months seeking guidance, why does he then come here and make the effort to join and post after giving up... only to complain that he wasn't able to obtain any guidance and that no one would help him?

pandel

It's really pretty simple when you break things down... Amatuer radio is all about communicating (TALKING). Why not try something unique? The next time you see someone with a ham radio in a store, parking lot, sporting event, parade, etc. just walk up and say Hi, I've got a few questions about your radio. One thing I can tell you with almost 100% certainty, Hams love to talk about their radios. That should get you started. If not...Ask the next guy.
PS. Please feel free to DM me, I will be more than happy to talk with you!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Mmm.. speaking of the original posters need to communicate, they joined on Tuesday afternoon, made one post on radio reference 12 minutes later, I was the first reply.

It was an unusual, atypical post for a licensed ham, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Why do I get the feeling that everyone here is just intelligently talking amongst themselves and the original poster hasn't seen any of the replies and good advice whatsoever offered and we will never see or hear from this individual again.😉

k6cpo

After months of being unable to connect with anyone or obtain meaningful guidance, I have already eliminated the equipment I had and deleted my memberships in a local club and ARRL. I have been attempting to cancel my license altogether with the FCC. It simply makes no sense to continue something that would require such upgrades that will only aggrivate already hostile neighbors, whatever I visibly do. Over the months, I have lost interest in pursuing amateur radio altogether.

Bit the FCC's license managing system has taken an alarming turn. One of 2 things happens on that site. Either I find my license and hit "Cancel Licenses" in the menu and none of my data gets tranferred for deletion consistent with my FRN, or worse yet, I'm transferred to SOMEBODY ELSE'S FRN, showing licenses that don't apply to me at all, and thereupon I log out immediately. I've made several attempts at this only to get only 1 or the other.

I did submit a complaint ticket to the FCC concerning this alarming issue with the license manager. Of course, the ticket only goes to helping officials implement policies. But in the meantime, is there any other way to affect a cancellation of my license?
Let me tell you one of the facts of amateur radio. Most of us don't care. If you've come to the conclusion that ham radio isn't for you, there's no reason to broadcast it to the world.

Spankymedic7

After months of being unable to connect with anyone or obtain meaningful guidance, I have already eliminated the equipment I had and deleted my memberships in a local club and ARRL. I have been attempting to cancel my license altogether with the FCC. It simply makes no sense to continue something that would require such upgrades that will only aggrivate already hostile neighbors, whatever I visibly do. Over the months, I have lost interest in pursuing amateur radio altogether.

Bit the FCC's license managing system has taken an alarming turn. One of 2 things happens on that site. Either I find my license and hit "Cancel Licenses" in the menu and none of my data gets tranferred for deletion consistent with my FRN, or worse yet, I'm transferred to SOMEBODY ELSE'S FRN, showing licenses that don't apply to me at all, and thereupon I log out immediately. I've made several attempts at this only to get only 1 or the other.

I did submit a complaint ticket to the FCC concerning this alarming issue with the license manager. Of course, the ticket only goes to helping officials implement policies. But in the meantime, is there any other way to affect a cancellation of my license?

Why cancel it? Why not just stop participating in amateur radio? Are you trying to make a statement by cancelling your license?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I've been sitting on this for several days now, knowing it might end up being deleted but......

To the OP: If, in fact, the whole world has blackballed you like you say, maybe it's you.

15plus1

Since you got rid of your equipment, and assuming u have no access to other radios, it is apparent your issue is a self cleaning oven..
Otherwise, stay off radios..

K7MH

Premium Subscriber
Some years ago I got a club call and had ideas for it. A few years later things hadn't worked out so I tried to cancel the club call/license.
After several attempts and digging around on the FCC ULS webpage I gave up and just let it expire down the road.

K7MH

Premium Subscriber
Let me tell you one of the facts of amateur radio. Most of us don't care. If you've come to the conclusion that ham radio isn't for you, there's no reason to broadcast it to the world.
Other than to thumb one's nose at everyone! Who cares...no one!
But if it makes someone feel good then have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.