Trying to pick up Columbus PD and BCSD. it works but it doesnt.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

BShultz

Helllllooo everyone! using a Uniden BC296D here and like the question says im just trying to pick up CPD and BCSD and maybe then some but i am left pretty confused. i actually read the manual to my scanner months back and got a really decent understanding how all of the systems work but i am left a little confused still. i did read over some previous post on my own but i noticed some were a little out dated. i cant remember what exactly i did when i first programmed my scanner months back but it looks too me that i picked a bank and just loaded about 18 freqs in there. it works ok and i do pick up a little chatter but i am so frustrated because always i am picking up the end of a conversation or catching only the start AND i know i am not hearing all the dispatches. i do understand that it cannot be perfect and expect it to pick up everything but what i do want is to make sure i am using up everything correctly to get the most out of it. so on to my questions. Again im just wanting to pick up CPD/BCSD and dont really care for the other counties at the moment but if i cannot get one without the other then thats fine i'll be happy with what i can get!

I am not aware if my scanner will allow me too just enter the control channels and pick it up. i did try but i didnt get anything at all weather it was due to my model not being supported or i wasnt using the correct freqs. so which freqs should i be using ? RR list a few pages with info and freqs but i am just confused to which ones i should be using in what order etc. i am aware that they are using Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T but im also aware that is they are also using the others. hell just even trying to figure out which freqs from Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T is confusing me because i see a set and then click on a link that leads me to another set and so on. sorry but im sure you get the picture by now lol. also i would like to know if there is anything about the scanner settings itself that i need to be sure of that may help. Plan 1, Plan 2,3,4 should i use control channel only. i tried but just cannot figure this one out on my own. each time i go into reading something im just asking myself more questions. anyways if anyone could be of help i would greatly appreciate it. thanks so much in advance!

KC9WWJ

Technician
I was down at a freinds house in the Columbus area about two weeks ago. I had programmed CPD and BCSD into my Pro-106 and was actually picking up quite a bit of traffic. With that bein said, I am looking into this for you and will get back to you with what I can find out.

KC9WWJ

Technician
I have downloaded and looked over your scanners manual. And here is what i have gathered: you should try using control channel only, and make sure you are using PLAN4 when programming these two rebanded Motorola systems.

To enable control channel:
2: SCAN OPTION --> 2: TRUNK --> (select bank) --> :CNTRL CH ONLY

From what I've read about the programing of this scanner, I have made below a rough example of how to set organize the banks. You will notice I have separated the two systems into there own bank. With this scanner you can have 1 TSYS per bank. If you have more than 1 per bank it will not trunk correctly, very important. (I say this because in your post you mentioned you 18 or so freqs in one bank)
And below the example I have listed the control channels and talk groups that interest you.

I hope this helps. If you want further explanation or need further help just be sure to let me know.

EXAMPLE:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BANK 1: Bartholomew SAFE-T
-B1 Trunking Bank 1: All SAFE-T sheriff talk groups. (or whichever ones you want, up to 10)
-B1 Trunking Bank 2: All SAFE-T CPD Talk groups ( '' )

BANK 2: Columbus Public Safety
-B2 Trunking Bank 1: All CPS sheriff talk groups. (or whichever ones you want, up to 10)
-B2 Trunking Bank 2: All CPS CPD Talk groups ( '' )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFORMATION:
Bartholomew SAFE-T Freqs
853.43750c
851.88750a

SHERIFF TGs
29840 BCS DISP1 County Sheriff Dispatch 1 Law Dispatch
29856 BCS DISP2 County Sheriff Dispatch 2 Law Dispatch
28496 BCS OPS County Sheriff Operations Law Tac
29872 BCS UNIF County Sheriff Uniform Law Tac
29920 BCS TAC 1 County Sheriff Tactical 1 Law Tac
29888 BCS D3 TA County Sheriff Talkaround Law Tac
29904 BCS DET County Sheriff Detectives Law Tac

CPD TGs
29936 CPD DISP Columbus Police Dispatch Law Dispatch
29952 CPD DISP Columbus Police Dispatch 2 Law Dispatch
25072 CPD1 SA Columbus Police Dispatch Law Dispatch
30000 CPD TAC 1 Columbus Police Tactical 1 Law Tac
29968 CPD UNIF Columbus Police Uniform Law Tac
29984 CPD DET Columbus Police Detectives Law Tac
24976 CPD2 SA Columbus Police Operations 2 Law Tac
24992 CPD3 SA Columbus Police Operations 3 Law Tac
25008 CPD4 SA Columbus Police Operations 4 Law Tac
25024 CPD5 SA Columbus Police Operations 5 Law Tac
Columbus Public Safety Freqs
856.46250c
857.46250c
858.46250c
859.46250c

SHERIFF TGs
16624 SO-DISPATCH Sheriff Dispatch Law Dispatch
16640 SO-OPS-2 Sheriff Operations 2 Law Dispatch
16848 SO-TAC-1 TAC 1 Law Tac
16928 SO-TAC-2 TAC 2 Law Tac
16656 SO-UNIFORM Uniform Law Tac
16960 SO-DETECTIVE Detectives Law Tac
16944 SO-SUPERVSR Supervisors Law Tac
16880 SO-EVENT-1 Special Event Law Tac
16912 SO-JAIL 1 County Jail 1 Corrections
17440 SO-JAIL 2 County Jail 2 Law Tac
16864 41e A SO-TRAINING Training Law Tac

CPD TGs
16416 CPD-DISPATCH Dispatch Law Dispatch 1
16544 CPD-CAR Car-to-Car Law Talk
16432 CPD-OPS-2 Operations 2 (Also Used by SWAT) Law Tac
16464 CPD-OPS-3 Operations 3 Law Tac
16448 CPD-UNIFORM Uniform Law Tac
16560 CPD-OPS-B Channel "B" Law Tac
16528 CPD-CIVIL Civil Process (Also referred to as SUIT) Law Tac

Status
Not open for further replies.