Twin Cities/MN scanner programming files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhowes

You could also come by the Edina Divanis for the Twin Cities Radio Monitors Get Together – Feb. 25, 2012 6:00 P.M.

A location has been confirmed for our next meeting.

Davanni’s in Edina:

5124 Gus Young Ln
Edina, MN 55436

Davannis : Location Details

The party room is reserved for us from 6:30 – 10:00 PM

There is wireless internet at Davanni’s for your convenience.

Need help with your new scanner? This is the place to get help.

Bring radios, antennas, software, etc. to demo.

Bring items you might want to sell or trade.

AAFC

You could also come by the Edina Divanis for the Twin Cities Radio Monitors Get Together – Feb. 25, 2012 6:00 P.M.

A location has been confirmed for our next meeting.

Davanni’s in Edina:

5124 Gus Young Ln
Edina, MN 55436

Davannis : Location Details

The party room is reserved for us from 6:30 – 10:00 PM

There is wireless internet at Davanni’s for your convenience.

Need help with your new scanner? This is the place to get help.

Bring radios, antennas, software, etc. to demo.

Bring items you might want to sell or trade.

Thanks for the info.... I just may take you up on your offer!

signguy10

Use this link to download the file.

Bank 1 are all the statewide and regional tactical channels (STAC's, PTAC's, LTAC's, ATAC's, RPOOL's)
Bank 2 are all the local level tactical channels (Firegrounds, T2T, C2C)
Bank 3 is everything relating to Washington County (Sheriff Mains, Fire Mains, Wash Co C2C's)
Bank 4 is everything relating to Ramsey County (Sheriff Mains, Fire Mains, RPOOL's)
Bank 5 is everything relating to Hennepin County
Bank 6 is everything relating to Dakota County
Bank 7 is everything relating to Anoka County
Bank 8 is the department of public safety (State Patrol, State Patrol Tac's, MN HAZMAT, Fire Marshall)
Bank 9 is all of the private EMS stuff (Allina, HCMC, HealthEast, North Ambulance)
Bank 10 is just White Bear Lake (This can be changed, this is one of my personal preferences)
Bank 11 is just Saint Paul and their tac channels
Bank 12 is just Minneapolis and their tac channels
Bank 13 is all the airport stuff. (Airport police, Airport fire, Airport security, Maintenance)
Bank 14 are wildcards. (Pick up everything even if not programmed into the scanner)
Bank 15 are all my metro fire tacs and mains (This can be changed, again my personal prefernce)
Bank 16 is every fire related channel in the metro. (every fire main, every fire tac)
Bank 17 are helicopters (LifeLink III helicopter, North aircare and state patrol helicopter)
Bank 18 is the department of natural resources channels
Bank 19 are T2T and C2C channels
Bank 20 are MRCC channels

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/314843/61809.p500

AAFC

Thank you for the file!

I went through and edited the scan lists for the agencies that I wan to hear, and locked out the ones that I don't want to listen to, then saved it as a new file. Hopefully when my scanner arrives on Wednesday I can just upload the file and everything will be fine.

Thanks again!

AA/FC

AAFC

Quick question for you guys....

I wan to make sure I have the correct frequencies programed in my scanner for listening to Bloomington, Richfield, and Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Police. I am located in Bloomington and I assume the best tower would be the City Center Simulcast location. If this is correct, Do I need to enter ALL frequencies listed for this tower, or just the ones highlighted in red and blue? Or should I enter all the frequencies included the ones in black?

This is the tower and frequencies that I am questioning...
Minneapolis City Center Simulcast Site Details (Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER))

And one last question..... Will I experience problems if I have frequencies programed in for more than one Hennepin County tower.

Thanks in advance,

AA/FC

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Quick question for you guys....

I wan to make sure I have the correct frequencies programed in my scanner for listening to Bloomington, Richfield, and Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Police. I am located in Bloomington and I assume the best tower would be the City Center Simulcast location. If this is correct, Do I need to enter ALL frequencies listed for this tower, or just the ones highlighted in red and blue? Or should I enter all the frequencies included the ones in black?

This is the tower and frequencies that I am questioning...
Minneapolis City Center Simulcast Site Details (Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER))

And one last question..... Will I experience problems if I have frequencies programed in for more than one Hennepin County tower.

Thanks in advance,

AA/FC

You only need to program the frequencies in red and blue, those are the control channel frequencies. The rest are voice channels. Your scanner monitors the data on the control channel, which tells it what frequency it needs to tune to for the talkgroup you want to hear.

For Bloomington, Richfield, and MSP airport you will want to listen on the Hennepin East 201 system.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

AAFC

You only need to program the frequencies in red and blue, those are the control channel frequencies. The rest are voice channels. Your scanner monitors the data on the control channel, which tells it what frequency it needs to tune to for the talkgroup you want to hear.

For Bloomington, Richfield, and MSP airport you will want to listen on the Hennepin East 201 system.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Excellent information. Thank you, Sir!

AAFC

I just thought I would post a quick update.....

My new scanner (Pro-197) arrived on Wednesday and I have successfully programed it with the help that I received from the people here in this thread. Everything seems to be working properly except for the occasional garbled or blank (no audio) transmission. I assume that is to be expected with digital trunking but is there a specific setting that I can adjust to help minimize this from happening? I did a bunch of searching and reading of threads here on RR over the last few days but I didn't really find anything specific to help this problem. I have great signal strength as I am only about 1.7 miles away from the East Hennepin tower located in Bloomington, and I'm using the Radio Shack 800mhz antenna. Would the settings for P25 trunking under the "Extended settings" tab of the WIN500 software have any affect on this? And if so, which setting(s) should I adjust, and what should I adjust them to?

Again, thanks for any suggestions that you can offer.

AA/FC

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Well, I guess dropbox doesn't want to work for that file so here it is in zip form.

Attachments

• BCD396T.20120407.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 155

Trazy

Does anyone have the updated Pro-106 file that zephyrshockey8 created? The link is expired. I emailed him, but haven't received a reply yet.

If anyone has the file, please message me.

Much appreciated,
Trazy

wesley2099

HELP

i have just bought a radio shack pro-96 scanner and i am having trouble programing it. Is there anyone who has a software file with the twin cities metro area on it for this scanner. and if so can i copy and paste it and send it to the scanner.

kevintau

Premium Subscriber
pro-106

Hi,

Does anyone have a win500 or arc500 for the pro-106 of the twin cities metro area. I am curious how they have it programmed. I am mainly looking for police and the troopers. Thanks

kc0ewq

Hi,

Does anyone have a win500 or arc500 for the pro-106 of the twin cities metro area. I am curious how they have it programmed. I am mainly looking for police and the troopers. Thanks

Have a look through mine. It's for Win500.
Scan lists are as follows:
01-HnCty North&East
02-HnCty South&West
03-HnCty Sheriff
04-HnCty PSAPs
05-HnCty Misc
06-HnCty Fire
07-Minneapolis PD
08-Minneapolis Fire
09-Mutual Aid
10-Mn Patrol & Misc
11-Mn DOT
12-MSP Airport MAC
13-NM HCMC Allina
14-EMS Hospitals
15-Anoka Cty Law
16-AnokaCty Fire
17-Metro Transit
18-Ramsey Cty Law
19-RamseyCty Fire
20-Univ of Mn
After downloading the file, you need to RENAME it to "Metro.p500".

Attachments

• Metro.p500.txt
    81.5 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.