• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Two tone decoder receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if they even make this. A radio receiver that decodes two tones that you can hook up to a PC and have it send emails out with audio clips.

I have tried software with a scanner but the false trip rate is to high.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
I have no idea if they even make this. A radio receiver that decodes two tones that you can hook up to a PC and have it send emails out with audio clips.

Never heard of a radio that will do that. There are plent of radios that will decode two-tone and will give you a logic signal to boot. Beyond that you'll have to hunt for software that could utilize the signal and do the appropriate processing.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Yes, any scanner is capable of doing that with software. Or you can use FTO on Uniden and just send out the audio.

Yes, any scanner is capable of doing that with software. Or you can use FTO on Uniden and just send out the audio.

I know this and I have two 996XT. I am wanting to do a secondary paging system that sends out emails.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you need a better quality signal in, or may e your tones are incorrect?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
If you just need a single channel receiver with Quick Call II capability, almost any alerting pager like the Minitors should work. You might need an attenuating patch cord between the pager and the PC. Minitors are all over Ebay and prices are dropping on the II's, III's, and IV's. The II's in particular are quite inexpensive now, and you can pick up a charger/amp cheap, too. The charger/amp is a good choice for your application because it has an antenna connection and an audio out connection. This guy refurbs Minitor II's and has a large stock of crystals and tone reeds: Home Page

The Veetronix receiver might be a good choice, too. Comm Products

Even a Plectron will work. This guy repairs, refurbishes, and sells them. Home

Status
Not open for further replies.