• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT MD-UV380 programming issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh380

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to write a code plug to my tyt md-uv380 and for some reason it does t seem to work--all the time. Let me explain..

All drivers are installed and confirmed working under device manager. Running windows 10 64bit. I run the CPS, attempt to read the radio, then the CPS crashes, I get the "windows is trying to find a solution" message and I'm forced to click close program. A few more attempts unplugging then reconnecting the USB cable, and I'm finally able to get a read. I make a few changes and attempt to write, only to have the CPS crash again.

I spent some time beforehand editing a new code plug to have all my dmr and analog channels and zones. I was able to get that code plug to write once, but it doesn't seem correct because all of my DMR zones say unprogrammed and the channel selector doesn't do squat when I'm on my analog channels.

Help! I'm ready to just return the radio.

Josh380

Premium Subscriber
Wow. Not sure I have the patience for that. I've only had one DMR radio that worked properly-the Blackbox KP Zone. Too bad I sold it and they're too expensive new.

There has got to be a better solution.

Last edited:

cmdrwill

First Rule: READ the radio and store that ia a archive file on your computer. Then make the changes.

Josh380

Premium Subscriber
First Rule: READ the radio and store that ia a archive file on your computer. Then make the changes.
So you're saying if I do that, it should write? I have noticed I can get it to read fairly regularly.

Sheesh..I spent a good few hours editing that code plug..all for nothing.

Josh380

Premium Subscriber
Now I can't even get it to read. Does ANYONE have any actual experience with the MD-UV380 and a windows 10 system?

I've even tried running it in compatibility mode for windows 7 and the CPS still crashes. Of course I've emailed TYT and have had zero response. Maybe because "Haha we know you can't program the radio".

Last edited:

Josh380

Premium Subscriber
So now I've tried it in windows xp...success. was able to get a read and write the first time.

Then I discovered the nice feature in the CPS to export channel and contact info into csv files. That saved a few hours.

cmdrwill

I also hear noise in the bushes that Windows 10 IS End of Life. or very close to EOL.

I'l keep my Windows for Workgroups 3.11.

Josh380

Premium Subscriber
Just found this thread. The MD-UV380 is a bulletproof radio. I can't help with Win10, but perhaps my MD-UV380 notes W2XQ.com : Amateur Radio: DMR may have something for you. How did you make out?

I was able to get it programmed under Windows XP. A few days after I started this thread TYT sent me a Windows 10 driver. Unfortunately it was for x86 systems and I'm running 64 bit.

w2xq

Mentor
I was able to get it programmed under Windows XP. A few days after I started this thread TYT sent me a Windows 10 driver. Unfortunately it was for x86 systems and I'm running 64 bit.
Good. I use a 10 yr old Win7 Asus netbook, my only concession to keeping Windows around. If it weren't for the radio, it wouldn't be turned but maybe 1x/month.

Status
Not open for further replies.