UCONN Spring Weekend 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
I'm not very well prepared. I found threads from previous years but I wanted to start a new one to track active frequencies.

Uconn fire feed was near silent. Some activity on troop c but that is all I tuned in to. I heard a bed count report on the Eastern CT public safety feed but I'm not sure what they are using for that. There is so much on that eastern feed I had to turn it off.

I'm curious how this year compares to previous years.

Rob

cg

Premium Subscriber
I use a scanner directly rather that rely on online feeds. The CSP system, ED COMM 1, was used for bed counts and ambulance status reports. CSP enabled the TN & UCONN SPAN radios to work on that TGID. ED COMM 3 was also used but was fairly quiet. Activity also on Tolland's repeater on 453.2750, 141.3. I did not hear any 8TAC/8CALL activity but I would try all the 8TAC/UTAC/VTAC channels as well.
I am too far away to hear UCONN PD channels but since the trouble is usually off campus, TROOP C DISP 1 & 2 on the CSP TRS would be where to tune.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
I use a scanner directly rather that rely on online feeds. The CSP system, ED COMM 1, was used for bed counts and ambulance status reports. CSP enabled the TN & UCONN SPAN radios to work on that TGID.

I'm not familiar with this. Is ED COMM 1 one of the CSP talk groups? I'll check the database but this was linked to something with TN?

ED COMM 3 was also used but was fairly quiet. Activity also on Tolland's repeater on 453.2750, 141.3.

I'll have to see if I have this one

I did not hear any 8TAC/8CALL activity but I would try all the 8TAC/UTAC/VTAC channels as well.
I am too far away to hear UCONN PD channels but since the trouble is usually off campus, TROOP C DISP 1 & 2 on the CSP TRS would be where to tune.

Same boat. I can't get PD or FD from my house.

Thanks!
Rob

cg

Premium Subscriber
ED COMM 1 & 3 are talkgroups on the CSP trunked system. Most of the dispatch centers in the state have radios that can access the CSP trunked system via the State Police Access Node talkgroup. These radios at TN & UC were either reprogrammed or regrouped to be on Eastern District Common 3, 20912. (I had switched the use of 1 & 3 in my earlier post)
CSP heard on ED COMM 1, 21008, doing calls in the UCONN area.

chris

Rob_K

Feed Provider
Thanks for the info. Some activity tonight but sounds like they are releasing units already. Hopefully with the rain tomorrow, this weekend will be a bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.