UIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Premium Subscriber
On random occasions, a radio ID of 16363 keys up on any given talk group on an EDACS system. When it happens, all I hear is a loud buzz, like a radio denial sound. My question is, is there any way to block or "Avoid" that particular radio ID?

Thanks.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Premium Subscriber
Don't believe that is possible --

Curious - are other radios on the same TGID normal/clear? I wonder if it's some type of one-sided encryption and/or use of ProVoice....

All radios are in the clear. And all of the radio IDs used on the entire system are in the 6000s and 7000s. It's an analog system, with some ProVoice. I have the ProVoice and DMR upgrades so that wouldn't be a problem.

It sounds like a desync issue or something.

It happens sometimes after a unit releases the key or after a patched talk group.

nd5y

I had something similar happen with the local EDACS ProVoice system and BCD396T.
There was one radio ID that whenever it keyed up on a certain encrypted talkgroup I would be blasted with raw digital audio noise. It was obviously a bug in the firmware.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Premium Subscriber
I had the same thing or a similar problem with the local encrypted EDACS ProVoice system and BCD396T.
There was one radio ID that whenever it keyed up on a certain talkgroup I would be blasted with raw digital audio noise. It was obviously a bug in the firmware.

When I monitor the same system with my Harris P7100 or P7200 radio, or even with the Orion Mobile radio, I don't hear that noise. Like I said, it's random. I could go hours or days without hearing it. It's just a strange anomaly.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I forgot that whenever it happened the 396 would display it as an iCall with that particular radio ID.

That's cool. I've never seen an iCall on my x36 for any system, and I didn't know if it would follow it on a ProVoice system. Thanks for the information.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
On random occasions, a radio ID of 16363 keys up on any given talk group on an EDACS system. When it happens, all I hear is a loud buzz, like a radio denial sound. My question is, is there any way to block or "Avoid" that particular radio ID?

Thanks.

Don't believe that is possible --

Curious - are other radios on the same TGID normal/clear? I wonder if it's some type of one-sided encryption and/or use of ProVoice....

If using ID scan would it not be possible to add ID of 16363 and then specifically select AVIOD for that ID?

Mike

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I read radio ID and did not comprehend it.

On second thought my suggestion not applicable to ID scan as that number would not be in the list anyway and would not stop scanning for it.

Engage brain before starting fingers. :D

Mike

nd5y

That's cool. I've never seen an iCall on my x36 for any system, and I didn't know if it would follow it on a ProVoice system. Thanks for the information.
The 396T does not follow anything on ProVoice.
Normally it totally ignores all ProVoice activity whether it is encrypted or not.
This is a software bug that only occurs with one particular RID/TGID combination.

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
In digital systems, both talkgroups and radios have unique IDs.

You can scan for or Avoid a talkgroup ID, but not a radio ID.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I can't find anything anywhere to set an Avoid based on a Radio's Unit ID. I can see where having that may create more problems than it solves.

bama9999

The 396T does not follow anything on ProVoice.
Normally it totally ignores all ProVoice activity whether it is encrypted or not.
This is a software bug that only occurs with one particular RID/TGID combination.

tglendye was talking about the x36 model of radio, and nd5y was talking about a 396T. So, in response to tglendye's post, I have a 536 and monitor an EDACS system with ProVoice, and it follows icalls just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.