Umatilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaseyjordan

Umatilla/Morrow has operated a trunking system for a few years now. It is a 12 site simulcast/multicast system. I have heard rumors recently of it being upgraded to a Project 25 system. If this is the case, it may be also the case that some frequencies may have been required to be adjusted or added. This may account for any new licenses you may see. I cannot confirm any of this because I don't live in that area, but I do travel through there a few times per year and when I finally get the nerve to spend $500 on a digital P25 trunking scanner I will report my findings. If someone hasn't already beaten me to it, that is. :)

gmitch

Umatilla/Morrow has operated a trunking system for a few years now. It is a 12 site simulcast/multicast system. I have heard rumors recently of it being upgraded to a Project 25 system. If this is the case, it may be also the case that some frequencies may have been required to be adjusted or added. This may account for any new licenses you may see. I cannot confirm any of this because I don't live in that area, but I do travel through there a few times per year and when I finally get the nerve to spend $500 on a digital P25 trunking scanner I will report my findings. If someone hasn't already beaten me to it, that is. :)

Yes, I have the Umatilla/Morrow system here:
Umatilla County / Morrow County

It is 9 sites so far plus probably this new site. The system is also set up for P25 emissions if they want to switch.

ORE-Scanner

Premium Subscriber
Just a new site to add to the system. Still in the clear for now but the system is narrowbanded. Heard about going P25 in a couple years.

Two weeks of listening and I've heard nothing but 1/2 second of static. Sounds like someone keys up for a second and thats it, once every couple of minutes. You guys prob know what it is, maybe part of testing the new sites or something.

Dann

Premium Subscriber
I had to hold over in Boardman a few nights ago and i had my scanner with me and everything was working fine,

Status
Not open for further replies.