Unable to Backspace on Posts

darkness975

Premium Subscriber
I know it sounds like a silly suggestion, but have you tried a cold reboot? Whether phone or PC, whether brand A or brand B; these days some code just hasn't been designed to run bullet-proof and a system reboot can correct issues.
I am going to try using a different browser, evidently the issue seems to be coming from either Chrome or the android operating system which is owned by Google, so essentially the issue is stemming from Google

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Please do. As the link suggests, it's a Chrome issue. Until they fix it, you'll have to use a different browser or live with the problem.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Please do. As the link suggests, it's a Chrome issue. Until they fix it, you'll have to use a different browser or live with the problem.
I don't think it's just a Chrome issue, it seems to be limited to Xenforo. Many bug report submissions on their forums, but using Chrome/Android on my MyBB forums or on phpBB boards the problem does not replicate.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
It's affecting more than Xenforo:

Here's the Chromium bug report: 1124329 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
It's affecting more than Xenforo:

Here's the Chromium bug report: 1124329 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail
Digging deeper, I see that. It looks like a Froala issue, which would explain why it's a limited appearance only on sites that use Froala or Froala-like WYSIWYG editors.

W8WCA

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed on my android equipment some quirkiness. The on screen keyboard disappears after each back space.
I switched to use Samsung's Web Browser and that does not happen - it always happens when I use Chrome on my Note 8

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Premium Subscriber
TOR onions will make you cry. Truth. Newest update no issues running on PC or on my Moto e.