Unable to connect to PC after reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdg

Premium Subscriber
I updated my BCD996T to version 1.04.12 and it seemed to have lost sensitivity. I then did a reset (2 6 & Hold) to try to correct the problem, and now it say's it can't connect to the PC with the following error: "FreeSCAN could not communicate with the scanner, or the scanner is not recognized as being compatible. Response recieved: -1" . It's up and running the System Check scanning 1 through 5 but that's all, still can't get it to take the programming. Any help would be appreciated.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Version 1.04.12 is old firmware. The latest version is 3.02.00. Are you using he BC_VUP updater? Here is the latest firmware scn file. Save to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with BC_VUP.

Attachments

• BCD996T_V3_02_00 (2).zip
    700.4 KB · Views: 7

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Go into the menu settings and check that the Baud rates are still correct. If you were using the rear GPS port for programming, it probably reset to 4800 baud. The front port should be 115200 for its default. Set the rear port to the same baud as the front if you use the rear port for programming and control and no GPS. Also make sure it matches the Baud (port speed) setting in Freescan.

tdg

Premium Subscriber
Go into the menu settings and check that the Baud rates are still correct. If you were using the rear GPS port for programming, it probably reset to 4800 baud. The front port should be 115200 for its default. Set the rear port to the same baud as the front if you use the rear port for programming and control and no GPS. Also make sure it matches the Baud (port speed) setting in Freescan.
Thanks the Port Speed in Freescan was the at a different baud rate. That fixed it THANKS I'm up and running again... Tom

tdg

Premium Subscriber
2+9+hold is the reset procedure.
i sent a list in a personal message.
Thanks for the reply, I just got mixed up on the reset and update key strokes when I posted, I'm new to both scanners that I have and I'm OLD so it 's just taking me some time to get up to speed. I have the BCD996T and the B996P2.

tdg

Premium Subscriber
Version 1.04.12 is old firmware. The latest version is 3.02.00. Are you using he BC_VUP updater? Here is the latest firmware scn file. Save to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with BC_VUP.
I'm not able to get the latest ver 3.02.00 as it keeps asking for the registration number. It didn't ask for it when I downloaded the 1.04.12 version.
where do I find the registration number?

• You must check the box to `Agree`, and download the software first; then click to Get your Scanner Key.
  • There is no charge for the full version of this software.
  • To enter registration key: open program, click on "write to scanner", click on "setup" at top and then "registration". A box will open so that you can enter the number that was emailed to you. ("demo" will now be removed from the write to scanner box)
  • This update adds additional error handling to prevent unexpected program termination.
  • If you are upgrading from a previous version, you do not need to uninstall the old version. All existing data and your registration information will be preserved.

tdg

Premium Subscriber
[/QU
Menu--->Settings---->See Scanner Info---->Firmware Version - See SN

996T Firmware
I did the above and put in the SN and I still get a registration error??
  • You must check the box to `Agree`, and download the software first; then click to Get your Scanner Key.
  • There is no charge for the full version of this software.
  • To enter registration key: open program, click on "write to scanner", click on "setup" at top and then "registration". A box will open so that you can enter the number that was emailed to you. ("demo" will now be removed from the write to scanner box)
  • This update adds additional error handling to prevent unexpected program termination.
  • If you are upgrading from a previous version, you do not need to uninstall the old version. All existing data and your registration information will be preserved.
OK I have done what you showed me to do and got the registration code but it still says invalid. I'm using the BC_VUP to try to get the new firmware. I'm still on 1.04.12

tdg

Premium Subscriber
I want to THANK all of you who answered my questions and I am FINALLY back up and running with the latest software. My problem was that I was trying to do what each of you said but i wasn't always doing it correctly, so after a few hours I have learned a lot. THANKS again.. Tom

tvengr

Well Known Member
I believe 3.02.00 was a major update according to Uniden. If I remember correctly, go to my.uniden.com and register your scanner to get the update key. I checked and found the key for my scanner. You posted right before me while I was just finishing up. Glad to hear that you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.