Understanding & Confussed on the LTR System For Lehigh University??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBobTerp

Hi
I am having a Problem Understanding & Confussed on the LTR System?? The System I have I having a problem with is Lehigh University on this LTR System I have programed the two frequencies in the scanner and all the ID's from RR.com Lehigh University Trunking System, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies and then I put it on ID Search and then switch it to ID Scan and nothing has come across any active. I own a Uniden BC996XT UnidenDirect - Digital Mobile Scanner with 25,000 Channels and GPS Support I was wondering maybe is it that I am to far from the University and that is why I can not hear anything from them or is there another reason?? My buddie was thinking if I program this system in his Uniden BC246T UnidenDirect - Handheld Trunk Tracker III 2500 Channel Scanner he might be able to hear active if he takes it close the school. Is that true?

Thanks
James
PS. I live in Easton,PA in Palmer Twp to give u a little bit more help with understanding this problem.

captclint

Mentor
Hi
The System I have I having a problem with is Lehigh University on this LTR System I have programed the two frequencies in the scanner and all the ID's from RR.com Lehigh University Trunking System, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies and then I put it on ID Search and then switch it to ID Scan and nothing has come across any active. I was wondering maybe is it that I am to far from the University and that is why I can not hear anything from them or is there another reason??
My map software says 8 miles, so that should not be a problem with 75W repeaters (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WQDX476 ). I know you have done LTR's before, so I believe you have it set up correctly. Sorry. I don't have any ideas, but having your buddy try it on a different scanner is also a good idea,

Last edited:

JimBobTerp

No.. this is the first attempt to do to LTR systems in my scanner. I have only trunking systems and regular stuff. I never put in my Radio Shack Pro2051 LTR system so can u give me a little feed back. I asked my buddie to put that Lehigh in his radio and he said he did not want it. :( :( so can u give me a little more help on how to do it in my radio?

SCPD

QRT
No.. this is the first attempt to do to LTR systems in my scanner. I have only trunking systems and regular stuff. I never put in my Radio Shack Pro2051 LTR system so can u give me a little feed back. I asked my buddie to put that Lehigh in his radio and he said he did not want it. :( :( so can u give me a little more help on how to do it in my radio?

Did you put in the correct LCN or home channel number?

When you enter the frequency press E then the scanner will prompt you for the correct LCN. If you used software to program your scanner you may not have programmed in the correct LCN number for each frequency.
To change/check the LCN press Func and turn the scroll knob to the LTR system you will land on the 1st programmed frequency of the LTR, listen for about 30 seconds and you could hear the LTR system key up numerous times.

Press E/yes key > Edit Site > Site > Set Frequencies > Sel. Frequency > Edit Frequency > E/yes > Input LCN

appears make sure that this is the correct LCN number press E/yes key. Press menu key then go to the next frequency in the LTR site and check that.
If everything is correct it is possible that the LTR system is rarely used or the LTR home channel numbers have changed. You should be able to hear activity on the LTR system by setting the radio to the frequencies of the LTR system using the scroll knob.
If you don't hear any key ups on the LTR system frequencies every ten seconds then it is possible that the LTR system is no longer functioning.

captclint

Mentor
No.. this is the first attempt to do to LTR systems in my scanner. I have only trunking systems and regular stuff. I never p
Maybe I'm thinking you did EDACS. This is basically the same thing. I think you are using FreeScan.You can try the instructions by ac7xc, or try FreeScan. In Freescan,right Click on the left panel, and chose new system, LTR, then Click LTR site you just created on the left, and then on the trunk freq tab on the right. Click on the GREEN "+" to add. Enter the 1st freq and in LCN, 001, then then next, and LCN 002. You now do an IDseach to see if anything comes in without added any TGID.s If you still don't get anything, try entering another new system, but make it conventional. Then add just the 2 frequencies in a group. This is the best way to see if you are receiving Lehigh U at all. You will hear everything, but you won't see the TGID's. ac7xc makes a good point. You should hear that spitting noise every 5-10 seconds on each of the 2 channels if you hold on them one at a time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.