Undocumented keypad functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This has always been a popular topic. I have split this article apart (as it was nearly unreadable) into 3 parts - one for the original Uniden DMA scanners, one for the XT and P2s, and the last for the HP series scanners. I noticed that we have nothing defined for the XT, P2 and HP series.....

I left the most popular function - initializing memory - in the XT / P2 and HP series articles as a model, so you can understand how to enter data into the table. To enter data, simply clone 1 group starting and ending with a pipe symbol and dash ( |-). For those of you that are familiar with HTML coding, this is the equivalent to tr and /tr. Each item is preceded by a pipe symbol. This is the equivalent of td. Remember, we are looking for shortcuts that don't exist in the Easier to Read or Owner's manual

OK you gurus; the rest is up to you. Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Additions, including for the HP1/2 Test modes, are welcome
-

Follow these 2 steps carefully to enter the test mode for the Home Patrol 1&2... and be careful what you are doing in the test mode !

(1) Turn your scanner completely off. Be sure you are using a fully charged set of batteries.

(2) To power up the scanner in the test mode, hold down both the volume up (+) button and the power on button simultaneously until you just see the boot up splash screen. Immediately release those 2 buttons and quickly press and hold down the volume down (-) button until you see the "Test Mode" screen, then release the volume down button. You will see a menu for the test functions available.

Some of the menu items are self explanatory, some are not. There isn't much documentation as to what the various test modes do, so best not to experiment if you're not sure what you're getting into.

The "Calibration" function will set the accuracy of your finger's input to the touch screen....

Once you have selected the "calibration" menu button, you will see small circles appear on the screen. Touch carefully and directly on the circles as they appear. There are 5 circle targets to touch. The first 2 turn a very light yellow color after you touch them, and the next 3 show a small red dot where your touch was registered.

After touching all of the calibration circles that appear, touch anywhere on the screen and then choose "Save" from the next page, or "re-try" if you want to repeat the calibration.

To exit the test mode, just shut down the scanner as you normally would.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
OK I'm all caught up with what has been sent and presented so far - we still have lots of holes for the XT and P2 scanners....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.