Unication G4 for use within the Davidson County Emergency Services

Medic444

Premium Subscriber
Will a G4 work with the current two tone paging system used in Davidson County? I was under the impression that the tones would only work on the older VHF system.

CFP387

Will a G4 work with the current two tone paging system used in Davidson County? I was under the impression that the tones would only work on the older VHF system.
Yes it will. I have a G4 that I use exclusively for the Davidson Simulcast system and it never misses an activation when tones that I have programmed are dropped.

Medic444

Premium Subscriber
Yes it will. I have a G4 that I use exclusively for the Davidson Simulcast system and it never misses an activation when tones that I have programmed are dropped.
Well That sounds encouraging! I would love to pick your brain about how you have your G4 programmed. I have 30 of them and the radio shop in Charlotte are not really that good on programming. I have programmed my personal one but only for very basic scanning function.

NC4AB

Premium Subscriber
The G4 / G5 works fine on the VIPER / Davidson Simulcast as long as the A and B tones are not too close together. Unication has a white paper on their website on how to program 2 tone decode on trunked systems and there are several good YouTube videos that walk you through it.