Unication G4/G5 in MA

beaterbox

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking of getting a Unication pager for monitoring the P25 Simulcast systems in MA. From what I can see, everything seems to be 700/800 MHz here. Is there any benefit to getting the dual band G5 over the G4 and if so, what second band would you get? I see VHF and then 2 UFH bands as options.

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
It's a excellent scanner for simulcast. Just see what frequencies are in your area that you would program a knob selection for. A learning curve to program, excellent support on RR.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Is there any benefit to getting the dual band G5 over the G4
The secondary band is the only benefit and only difference between the two models. If there are areas you frequent or may want to be in that utilize UHF or VHF, it's great to have.

It's worth reminding that this isn't a scanner and has different features and limitations. But reception, clarity, and reliability are a real leap from many scanners.

beaterbox

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all! Yes, I'm aware of its limitations and that it's not exactly a scanner. I'm still not sure if I'll need/want the dual band, so still figuring that one out.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
G5 are they nice and easy to program and work good I think about getting one at some point?

There is a learning curve to the programming. You can download the programming software from their site to check it out.

It differs greatly from a regular scanner, so you’ll want to do some research if it’s the right setup for you before diving into the purchase of one.