• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G5 Fire Alerting Burlington County NJ

dave461

Premium Subscriber
Anyone using a Unication G5 in or around Burlington County NJ and have it successfully alert on fire tone outs? If so, are you willing to share your pps file as a guide for me to get started?

dave461

Premium Subscriber
I wasn’t aware that the p25 patch was able to do tone outs. I tried setting up for the analog and can’t seem to get it to work. My minitor 6 works fine.

Last edited:

dave461

Premium Subscriber
Analog tone outs or via the P25 digital patch?
Sorry for the odd posting, my iPad spazzed out. I wasn’t aware that tone outs were working on the P25 patch. In either case, my minitor 6 works fine but I can’t seem to get the g5 to trip on any tone on analog. I’d be interested in using the P25 but have absolutely no clue on setting that up (hence a sample pps file for reference)

dave461

Premium Subscriber
Update: I imported from my Minitor 6 into a new profile that I sent to the G5. Still not getting any alerts on tone outs on the G5. The Minitor alerts fine. I checked the tones and verified that they are correct. I know it's something stupid that I'm missing. I'm on firmware 2.02.

crazyboy

They’re pagers, of course people have successfully used them for paging on analog. Either post your configuration file, screenshots of the relevant pages in the PPS, or contact your dealer especially if it is for department use.

dave461

Premium Subscriber
Here's the configuration file. Any help?

Attachments

• GxPPS_V0.4.0.41 _Fire Voice Paging_240928.zip
    787 KB · Views: 8

X9009X

Anyone using a Unication G5 in or around Burlington County NJ and have it successfully alert on fire tone outs? If so, are you willing to share your pps file as a guide for me to get started?
Dave,

Start with the protocol timing. It needs to be 2000ms and 2000ms for A & B tones. Factory default is 1000ms and 3000ms.
Second the paging over P25 works when the County Dispatchers have the patch enabled on the console.

Feel free to message me Ill help you. I have numerous users in the county with no issues.

crazyboy

Here's the configuration file. Any help?
Your protocol timings are definitely wrong. Multiple settings in there. Start with the default and adjust only the timings that are required by your agency.

dave461

Premium Subscriber
Ok, got the paging to work. Definitely was the timing. Is there any specific setting for the Binding feature or is AutoReset the way to go for the reset mode? I currently have it set to AutoReset.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-01 144616.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-01 144616.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 7

crazyboy

The reset mode depends how you want it to function after the page. I would suggest reviewing the different options in the help file and see what fits your desired operation. I typically do not do auto reset, and do one of the manual reset modes so update announcements over the paging channel are heard while responding and then manually reset after the call.

X9009X

Ok, got the paging to work. Definitely was the timing. Is there any specific setting for the Binding feature or is AutoReset the way to go for the reset mode? I currently have it set to AutoReset.
I agree with the statement not to use auto reset in Burlington County. Use manual reset. If your part of a task force assignment and your tones are one of the first to be dispatched by the time the voice is sent out for the call you may be at the threshold of time.

dave461

Premium Subscriber
I agree with the statement not to use auto reset in Burlington County. Use manual reset. If your part of a task force assignment and your tones are one of the first to be dispatched by the time the voice is sent out for the call you may be at the threshold of time.
Thanks for the assistance. I believe I have everything working now.

dave461

Premium Subscriber
The reset mode depends how you want it to function after the page. I would suggest reviewing the different options in the help file and see what fits your desired operation. I typically do not do auto reset, and do one of the manual reset modes so update announcements over the paging channel are heard while responding and then manually reset after the call.
Thanks for the assistance. I believe I have everything working now.