Unication G5

CPerk

Premium Subscriber
Been a radio enthusiast for years , I’m stumped and was seeing if anyone can advise or look at my programming .

Can not get tait or harris system to scan . Everything else works great , but these harris and tait systems. I’ve imported the information from here , and still won’t scan or anything. Much help be appreciated.

Main system trying scan King and Queen, Powhatan and new Kent .

CPerk

Premium Subscriber
New Kent is encrypted besides Charles City County FD/EMS and I have messed with a pager don’t have one but thinking of getting on.
Ah, I forgot they are encrypted. However do you know anything about tait systems. King and queen my neighboring county has that .

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have all frequencies entered and your RFSS and site ID’s are in Hex format. King William can be tricky, I believe there site info is 1.42

CPerk

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have all frequencies entered and your RFSS and site ID’s are in Hex format. King William can be tricky, I believe there site info is 1.42
So far I have king william working, which is shocking since didn’t think I did it right . Know anything about king and queen system ? Tait systems has signal and everything , but I can’t get any audio

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
You might try putting in the wildcards all Fs for any of the sites, and system IDs. It might be that the numbers on RadioReference are wrong. Also, make sure all of the frequencies are entered as well.

CPerk

Premium Subscriber
You might try putting in the wildcards all Fs for any of the sites, and system IDs. It might be that the numbers on RadioReference are wrong. Also, make sure all of the frequencies are entered as well.
How many of those do add ? Like example wise ? So when get home i can try it

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
How many of those do add ? Like example wise ? So when get home i can try it
As many "F"s as the field will allow. I don't have the PPS software handy to check, but it varies from 1 to 5 I think, depending on what field it is.

For the frequencies, you would enter all of the outputs, typically in the 769-774, 850-862, Mhz ranges.

CPerk

Premium Subscriber
As many "F"s as the field will allow. I don't have the PPS software handy to check, but it varies from 1 to 5 I think, depending on what field it is.

For the frequencies, you would enter all of the outputs, typically in the 769-774, 850-862, Mhz ranges.
This what was imported from RR, I have newkent working now . But king and queen I can not seem to get to work since it’s a tait system .

Attachments

• IMG_3807.jpeg
    IMG_3807.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 15

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Put "F"s in the places circled in blue below: WACN ID, System ID, RFSS ID, Site ID. Then let us know if it works.
1718414512781.png

1718414462079.png

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
That worked ! Thank you greatly .
You're welcome. That means the information on RadioReference may not be correct, or you might have programmed something incorrectly before. Pay attention to what you hear, and make sure it's the system you intended to hear. There's always a chance using the wildcard "F"s that you end up receiving something different than what you intended.

If you move the joystick controller thingy down on the G5, you can page through a bunch of data about the system. Towards the end of that information, you should see the WACN ID, System, ID, RFSS ID, and Site ID that the G5 is receiving.

Enjoy!