Unication Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8HMJ

i would say the g4 g5 is the only game in town for p25 simulcast etc. i must be crazy i have 3 g5s and just bought a g4. i have alot of simulcast where i am and these were the way to go. once you get the hang of programming youll fly thru it. 73 KD8HMJ

markjrenna

I have 2. Thinking of adding a 3rd. Not crazy.

i would say the g4 g5 is the only game in town for p25 simulcast etc. i must be crazy i have 3 g5s and just bought a g4. i have alot of simulcast where i am and these were the way to go. once you get the hang of programming youll fly thru it. 73 KD8HMJ

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
The Expat already did.😂

Annnnnd here we go...

Why does this site have to be loaded with so many smart asses? Instead of helping someone people would rather be elusive and an ass about things. As it was explained to me the conventional scan feature only scans knob positions. What is more desired by me is that under one knob position you could add personalities to the scan list instead of them all having individual knob positions.

Do you have any CONSTRUCTIVE input to this?

RBMTS

In all fairness, RadioDitch answered your question. You stated you wished it was possible to have multiple conventional scan channels on a single knob position. The answer is YES, it can. But your statement directly above is factual. That is done by creating a knob position that contains the personalities of other conventional knob positions. You must make the included scan choices in PPS and upload to the Gx. You can't make those choices in the field on the fly via the radio keypad the way that you can with a scanner.

Hope this helps you.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
In all fairness, RadioDitch answered your question. You stated you wished it was possible to have multiple conventional scan channels on a single knob position. The answer is YES, it can. But your statement directly above is factual. That is done by creating a knob position that contains the personalities of other conventional knob positions. You must make the included scan choices in PPS and upload to the Gx. You can't make those choices in the field on the fly via the radio keypad the way that you can with a scanner.

Hope this helps you.

I understand the way that it is currently done. I was hoping to be able to have a knob position, select personalities and simply drop them into the scan list without having to first create a knob position for that personality.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I understand the way that it is currently done. I was hoping to be able to have a knob position, select personalities and simply drop them into the scan list without having to first create a knob position for that personality.
The problem is it wasn’t designed to do that, it was originally designed for public safety, they are working on a new scanning firmware so maybe eventually you can do that, the PPS is pretty easy to use but I agree it could be more intuitive, then again try playing with some Motorola RSS/CPS and by comparison this software is easy

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
The problem is it wasn’t designed to do that, it was originally designed for public safety, they are working on a new scanning firmware so maybe eventually you can do that, the PPS is pretty easy to use but I agree it could be more intuitive, then again try playing with some Motorola RSS/CPS and by comparison this software is easy

I think that's part of my problem. I am very well versed with Motorola RSS/CPS and Kenwood FPU and the G Series PPS is a whole other animal. I use Butel and other S/W packages for scanner programming and those had a learning curve initially. I guess we will see what the future holds on the Unication side.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I think that's part of my problem. I am very well versed with Motorola RSS/CPS and Kenwood FPU and the G Series PPS is a whole other animal. I use Butel and other S/W packages for scanner programming and those had a learning curve initially. I guess we will see what the future holds on the Unication side.
Just takes a bit of creativity :)

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
Where is the profile sharing site?

If only we could get multiple conventional channels under one knob position for scanning purposes!

Actually, unless I am not understanding the question correctly, it is quite easy to assign and scan multiple conventional channels in a knob position. That is how the majority of knob positions are set up for
my year round home.

In a profile click on Tab 6, "Zone and Channel Settings"
Double Click on an empty knob position box in the zone of your choice
In the "receive mode" selection box choose "Normal Scan"
You will then see a box containing all available conventional channels that have been entered in knob positions anywhere in the radio
Select up to 16 channels in the "Available" box one at a time by highlighting them and clicking "Add"
You will see the selected channels in the "Add" box and you now have a conventional scan group in the knob position.

(For some reason I wasn't seeing the subsequent replies to the query when I replied)

Last edited:

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
Actually, unless I am not understanding the question correctly, it is quite easy to assign and scan multiple conventional channels in a knob position. That is how the majority of knob positions are set up for
my year round home.

In a profile click on Tab 6, "Zone and Channel Settings"
Double Click on an empty knob position box in the zone of your choice
In the "receive mode" selection box choose "Normal Scan"
You will then see a box containing all available conventional channels that have been entered in knob positions anywhere in the radio
Select up to 16 channels in the "Available" box one at a time by highlighting them and clicking "Add"
You will see the selected channels in the "Add" box and you now have a conventional scan group in the knob position.

(For some reason I wasn't seeing the subsequent replies to the query when I replied)

I understand this COMPLETELY and have from day one. What I am getting at is if I have a list of personalities (Which I do) I want to be able to build my scan list from THAT list. Not knob positions.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I understand this COMPLETELY and have from day one. What I am getting at is if I have a list of personalities (Which I do) I want to be able to build my scan list from THAT list. Not knob positions.
I think that’s not gonna happen in that way

Status
Not open for further replies.