Uniden 996xt setup question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RANGERDALEXP

I am somewhat new to the forum and have had a scanner for the last 20 plus years but I just bought a new Uniden 996xt to replace my ageing Realistic Pro2004 that I also still use to this day.

The question I have is when I am listening to L.A.County Sheriffs dispatch frequency I have beep tones that follow after the dispatcher is finished talking for 2 to 15 seconds after, I understand that the tones is the mobile unit responding back on another frequency but the scanner stays locked on the out going transmission only till the beeping stops and would like to set it up to jump to the incoming transmission frequency to hear both side of the conversation and I am not sure on how to do that with this thing. I beleave they use a conventional 485 system here.

The new scanners manual is not very well worded that comes with the scanner and I am still learning what this thing is capable of and it is night and day from what I am used to with the old scanner.

Thank you for any help on this matter.

JoeyC

You cannot make the 996 jump to another freq short of taking off all the delay to the frequency. The best bet would be to use one scanner for the dispatch channels and the other dedicate to mobile freqs.

RANGERDALEXP

You cannot make the 996 jump to another freq short of taking off all the delay to the frequency. The best bet would be to use one scanner for the dispatch channels and the other dedicate to mobile freqs.

Thank you for the help on this but it is disappointing that I did pay $500 for a scanner that has the same problem that my 20 year old scanner had back in the day.

One of the main reasons that I bought this thing was that I thought it would eliminate this issue I have had in the past with the old one and now as you were saying that really the only way to fix this is to buy a second scanner to fix the problem. At this time it is not in the budget and the other scanner is set up in our toy hauler permanently.

As for the delay change idea the Arc-Xt Pro software will only change the delay for the whole system and not per channel which I think is rather stupid for the design, At least with my old scanner you can turn on and off the delays per channel but from what I can see is not possible on the new one. I think Uniden has some more work to do on future scanner designs for a work around on this type of issue…..

Status
Not open for further replies.