Uniden BC75XLT Program Software problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayo20

Hello All, I have recently purchased a used Uniden BC75XLT scanner. I'm new to scanning having never owned a scanner before.

I have followed all the instructions and downloaded the software for the scanner onto my PC however when I connect the scanner up to the PC the program says it can't find the scanner. I have selected the correct com port but still no joy finding the scanner. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong please. Many thanks

Scan125

Are you on Windows 10?

If so you need to use the Uniden Universal Serial Driver. This is a signed driver (two file .INF and .CAT both of which are required).

W10 caused quite a few scanner programs issues which required the software to be updated.

Grayo20

Hi Scan125,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm using windows 10 unfortunately. Can you tell me where I will find the Uniden Universal Serial Driver, i assume it will be on the Unidem website but just in case it's found somewhere else.

Many thanks

Scan125

Driver Installation Instructions for the BC75XLT
In order for the BC75XLT driver to install properly, you will want to download the driver from the link below and save it to your computer. Preferably to your desktop so it is easier to locate.

Uniden BC75XLT Scanner

or here:

BC75XLT < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

I don't think the drivers located here will work on Windows 10. They are all dated 2012, prior to Windows 10. Also I do not think they are security "signed" drivers.

Last edited:

Grayo20

Driver Installation Instructions for the BC75XLT
In order for the BC75XLT driver to install properly, you will want to download the driver from the link below and save it to your computer. Preferably to your desktop so it is easier to locate.

Uniden BC75XLT Scanner

or here:

BC75XLT < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

These are the drivers I've already tried and don't work with Windows 10 sadly. But thanks anyway.

Grayo20

Thanks Scan125,

downloaded the scan125 file, extracted the driver and installed. the Scan125 program shows up but I'm keep getting a message saying there is an error with the Com port. when I plug the BC75XLT scanner in it just shows its connected the Com port 3. Any idea what I'm doing wrong please. Thanks

Grayo20

This is the message I'm getting when scanner is connected to the PC.

Attachments

• Crop Scan125 Error.jpg
    Crop Scan125 Error.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,085

Scan125

Thanks Scan125,

downloaded the scan125 file, extracted the driver and installed. the Scan125 program shows up but I'm keep getting a message saying there is an error with the Com port. when I plug the BC75XLT scanner in it just shows its connected the Com port 3. Any idea what I'm doing wrong please. Thanks

I wasn't expecting you to download the Scan125 zip file.

You need to download the Uniden_Universal_Driver.zip file only. Sorry I should have made that clear.

Use the Uniden_Universal_Driver with your BC75XLT software.

Scan125 does not support the 75 scanner so you will need to delete it.

Grayo20

Ah ok thanks for letting me know lol. I also looked at the Uniden-Universal-Driver that you linked to but there is no driver in that link. I will have a look on the Unidem website. Many thanks for your help.

Scan125

Ah ok thanks for letting me know lol. I also looked at the Uniden-Universal-Driver that you linked to but there is no driver in that link. I will have a look on the Unidem website. Many thanks for your help.

The link is to the zip file. In the zip file are the two required driver files:

uniden_usbser.cat
uniden_usbser.inf

Both are required. The .cat file is the security certificate catalog file.

Grayo20

Thanks for your help Scan125, I've removed the scan125 program but still can't get it to work with the other files you linked to. It's probably me doing something wrong so not to worry. Many thanks

Scan125

Thanks for your help Scan125, I've removed the scan125 program but still can't get it to work with the other files you linked to. It's probably me doing something wrong so not to worry. Many thanks

All driver files have to be correctly installed.

Read the following in my Scan125 User Manual:

http://nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125/manual/Scan125-Manual.html#7

The referenced procedure should get the driver installed OK.

How your BC75XLT software works etc. I have no knowledge of. It may dynamically detect your scanner or you may have to point the software in the right direction (port connection).

Grayo20

All driver files have to be correctly installed.

Read the following in my Scan125 User Manual:

http://nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125/manual/Scan125-Manual.html#7

The referenced procedure should get the driver installed OK.

How your BC75XLT software works etc. I have no knowledge of. It may dynamically detect your scanner or you may have to point the software in the right direction (port connection).

Ok thanks for the link again. Will have a look tomorrow and see if I can get it working. Cheers.

Grayo20

Ok thanks for the instructions. I believe I've now got the windows drivers installed just got to find a program or work out how to find the program to make it work. Having never done this sort of thing before is a right pain lol.

Grayo20

to manually programming it ?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes I've tried to manually program it but not sure what I'm doing to be honest as it's my first ever scanner lol. I was looking for a program so that I could see what was stored on the scanner and be able to add and remove frequencies that are on the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.