Uniden BC80XLT Broken or Just a clueless owner

tvengr

Well Known Member
so take it apart and break what could be just a little corrosion. you never know
Corrosion on a circuit board can create leakage paths between foils which can cause all kinds of problems. I have fixed many pieces of equipment using alcohol and a toothbrush to remove corrosion from circuit boards. Don't use the toothbrush on the component side of the board.

toploader

Most of the rust / corrosion is around the metal where the screen sits. Some rust has affected the soldered parts. There is no way of getting it off. For me at least. It's way too deep / developed. Here is a little example:

DSC_0034.JPG

wtp

the wife made a little display in an entertainment center with my old or dead radios.
that might be what this could be good for.
"it belongs in a museum"...

toploader

the wife made a little display in an entertainment center with my old or dead radios.
that might be what this could be good for.
"it belongs in a museum"...

I was going to agree with you. But I was going to say it would be good for the bin. But somehow I've ended up fixing it. I had to take it apart twice but I got there in the end. The first time I took it apart, cleaned it and put it back together, it wouldn't even switch on anymore. So I left it a few days then took it apart again. Messed around with it internally some more, put it all back together, and I wasn't really expecting it - but... It came on. And is now working well. :cool::cool::cool: :):)(y)

DSC_004578.jpg

There's still some life in the old Uniden yet.