Uniden BC996XT HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
In an attempt to unlock one group in my 996XT and lock another (in the same system), I accidentally managed to lock them both out. Now, the scanner won't allow me to use the quick key to activate it scanning at all. It's as if it's not even programmed into my scanner. In all my 35 years of using Bearcat scanners, I don't remember ever doing this?

Anyone know how I can reverse this short of deleted that system and reprogramming it into the scanner?

THX,
Metrofire31
Mike
WQIT636

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
To toggle Group quick keys on or off in another system press and hold
scroll.gif
to 'lock' Function mode. Scroll to the (enabled) system that contains the (enabled) group you want to turn on/off then press the corresponding number key(s). Press
scroll.gif
twice to 'unlock' Function mode and resume.

Locking/Unlocking Groups Contents
Remember, unlocking or locking out a group is not the same thing as enabling/disabling it (turning the quick key on or off).
To lock out or unlock a group in scan mode press and hold
scroll.gif
to 'lock' function mode.
Rotate the scroll control until the system that has the group you want to lock or unlock appears. PressMENU.
Scroll to 'Edit Group' and press E/
scroll.gif
At 'Select Group' scroll to the group you want to lock or unlock and press E/
scroll.gif
Scroll to 'Set Lockout' and press E/
scroll.gif
Scroll to 'Unlocked', 'Temporary L/O', or 'Lockout' and press E/
scroll.gif
Press Scan/Srch or L/O to exit.
Note: 'Temporary Lockout' means unlocked the next time you cycle power the group will be unlocked. Or, use MENU to drill down to the group options and lock/unlock it there. See 'Edit Group Options'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.