Uniden BCD436HP in Niagara County?

NS9710

Does anyone have experience with the Uniden BCD436HP on the Public Safety trunk system, I know some simulcast systems aren’t that bad for the 436, but some require the SDS100, and I am just wondering if I could use the 436 without much simulcast distortion for monitoring the area, or if the SDS is the only one, the current SDS I have is falling apart and will need replacement, however I just don’t feel a need to invest in another SDS100 when the BCD436 will do just as good. TIA

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
How rough are you
That a sds100 is falling apart?

With 436 and simulcast, try a low or no gain antenna if you experience issues.

k2hz

Database Admin
Does anyone have experience with the Uniden BCD436HP on the Public Safety trunk system, I know some simulcast systems aren’t that bad for the 436, but some require the SDS100, and I am just wondering if I could use the 436 without much simulcast distortion for monitoring the area, or if the SDS is the only one, the current SDS I have is falling apart and will need replacement, however I just don’t feel a need to invest in another SDS100 when the BCD436 will do just as good. TIA
I was thinking of the price difference and being wise with my money.
I own a SDS100 and a 436. The 436 is a better scanner for everything but P25 simulcast where it has issues depending on if you are in a location where out of phase signals from more that one tower is an issue. If you are primarily interested in outstanding P25 reception and don't need a general use, all band, all mode scanner I would get Unication. I really regret spending the money on the SDS100 but it was the only P25 simulcast option at the time. I use the 436 for everything except the local P25 system.

In addition to the SDS100 poor RF design, I understand the "falling apart" issue. The rubber cover over the USB ports won't stay closed since it was new. I have had to replace the battery latch even with very careful use since the plastic is very brittle.. I got a third party replacement much stronger that the original. I recommend anyone considering a SDS100 look at other options before spending that much money.