Uniden BCD996P2 - RISCON

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie811

I've just purchased a new Uniden 996P2 scanner & need help programming the RISCON system. Between the supplied guidebook, Scanner Master's easy guide & YouTube video's I'm completely lost. I'm not really interested in software programs. I've managed to figure out how to input conventional channels & I'm only interested in Providence area police & fire non-encrypted frequencies. Thanks.

k1jbp

ARS
I can second that. I got a new Whistler TRX-2 for Christmas. I love the scanner, but have been unable to get the right settings to be able to listen to RISCON. I am going to post a new thread shortly.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
What exactly do you need help with? It is quite complicated by the front panel but it can be done.

I know you mentioned you don't want software solutions but honestly, that would be the easiest way for you to program it. I mean exponentially easier.

frankie811

What exactly do you need help with? It is quite complicated by the front panel but it can be done.

I know you mentioned you don't want software solutions but honestly, that would be the easiest way for you to program it. I mean exponentially easier.
It was actually quite simple, thanks to the info that wtp posted.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I am not sure of the issues people are discussing with the 996P2. I used the 996XT for years monitoring RISCON, now a pair of 996P2 scanners are on RISCON, I have no simulcast issues.

I use the Butel software, it is by far the best way to program these radios.

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure of the issues people are discussing with the 996P2. I used the 996XT for years monitoring RISCON, now a pair of 996P2 scanners are on RISCON, I have no simulcast issues.

I use the Butel software, it is by far the best way to program these radios.
Being from CT. Do you receive all the RISCON zones? How do you receive the CT system?
I am currently using PRO SCAN because of DMR in Bristol RI PD system.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Being from CT. Do you receive all the RISCON zones? How do you receive the CT system?
I am currently using PRO SCAN because of DMR in Bristol RI PD system.

I easily monitor South County from my home, aside from that I am in Rhode Island often, so I monitor the Metro and North simulcast. I do not monitor East all that often, but I have at times. I've never had an issue with the 996XT or 996P2.

Status
Not open for further replies.