BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Uniden BDC996P2 Programming Question

BarnardFire_225

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

I am having difficulty programming by BCD996P2. I have tried for about a month now to get this thing to work, and last week I finally did. I got the typical 'FindingCtrlChannel' error most get, but I was able to bypass this by only programming one site in, MonroeEast. I was able to get it to work by just simply importing from RadioReference and then removing all other sites besides MonroeEast and it worked great. Now, I have done the same thing except I created groups and personalized my programming for what I wanted. Now, I am getting the same error and cannot repeat my success. I made the mistake of deleting the programming that worked, and now I can't seem to repeat what I did to get it to work. I leave attenuation on and am only trying to use the one site to prevent simulcast distortion, which I know is a problem with these type of systems. I have the scanner in the exact same spot as when I had it working, so it just doesn't make sense to me at all. The system is: Monroe/Ontario Counties Trunking System, Regional, New York

Thank You!

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
when you fixed the programming to your liking and uploaded it to the scanner, did you save the file to the computer, if so go get that file and reload it back into the scanner.

BarnardFire_225

Premium Subscriber
Don't know how I accidentally posted that, I wasn't finished!
when you fixed the programming to your liking and uploaded it to the scanner, did you save the file to the computer, if so go get that file and reload it back into the scanner.
I accidentally deleted the one that worked. I don't understand what I did even the first time to get it to work. Im just wondering if there is a setting that commonly causes this issue with a simulcast system or something along those lines.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I accidentally deleted the one that worked. I don't understand what I did even the first time to get it to work. Im just wondering if there is a setting that commonly causes this issue with a simulcast system or something along those lines.
Please attach the file that does not work so that we can take a look at it. If you didn't save the file, read the scanner into the software and then save the file. Depending on the software you are using, you may need to zip the file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the file.

DJBio

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
What program did you use to program ur 996p2

rbluesky

Hello All,

I am having difficulty programming by BCD996P2. I have tried for about a month now to get this thing to work, and last week I finally did. I got the typical 'FindingCtrlChannel' error most get, but I was able to bypass this by only programming one site in, MonroeEast. I was able to get it to work by just simply importing from RadioReference and then removing all other sites besides MonroeEast and it worked great. Now, I have done the same thing except I created groups and personalized my programming for what I wanted. Now, I am getting the same error and cannot repeat my success. I made the mistake of deleting the programming that worked, and now I can't seem to repeat what I did to get it to work. I leave attenuation on and am only trying to use the one site to prevent simulcast distortion, which I know is a problem with these type of systems. I have the scanner in the exact same spot as when I had it working, so it just doesn't make sense to me at all. The system is: Monroe/Ontario Counties Trunking System, Regional, New York

Thank You!
Please watch ALL of his Videos Errod1944 on youtube on how to program the BCD996p2p, same as the BCD996XT

DJBio

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

Thank You!
What program are you using to program ur 996p2

DJBio

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
After looking at the RR database I would recommend you upgrade ur 996p2 with NXDN and DMR
Doing a quick list for ur area I was able to get about 1600 channels and a lot are NXDN and DMR