uniden bearcat bct8 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a scanner and would like to know how to program in my local police and fire departments

Welcome to Radio Reference. First we need to know what State and County you live in, that will help us determine what kind of system they use in your State/County.

Such as is it digital or analog or mix of both or EDACS, LTR etc..

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I live in Brown County, Depere Wi 54115

It looks like your city just has regular freqs,no trunktracking.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=3056

To program regular feqs into the Uniden bearcat bct8:

1.Active Private Bank scanning.

2.Press Hold/Resume

3.Enter the channel number where you want to store a freq by using the keypad.

4.Then press Hold/Resume

5.Change the channel by using the up or down key.

6.Enter the freq you want to store by using the keypad and the decimal key.

7.Press E to store the freq into the channel.

8.If you want to program another freqs into the channel ,select another channel by using the up and down key.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

userjam

Thanks for the info, when I looked in radio reference for brown county it tells me that I need a trunktracking scanner and some police and fire use motorola 2. Would I have to do anything different to get these?

Colton25

Is it possible when programming on the computer with this scanner that you can name the frequencies so that they say a name when scanning?

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible when programming on the computer with this scanner that you can name the frequencies so that they say a name when scanning?

Unfortunately it can not,your thinking of alpha tagging and the BCT8 does not have that capability.

kruser

Premium Subscriber

Yes but it can only display the alpha tags on the computer screen when used in conjunction with a software program like Butel's Arc8.
Arc 8 must be in the virtual scanner mode and it basically just compares the frequency that it reads from the BCT8 when the BCT8 stops on a channel. Arc8 compares that frequency with its own database that you used to program the radio. The alpha tag info is stored in the software program and not in the scanner.
I'm not sure if any other software exists for the BCT8 that also has this capability.

While that works, it also means the computer must always be on and communicating with the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.