Uniden Repair Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Mine had an invoice which listed what parts were replaced. Two transistors, but without a schematic that doesn't tell me anything.

Very Interesting. I actually just got mine on my doorstep this morning and Uniden included a paper invoice also which they haven't done in the past. Could be because all my other repairs were under warranty repairs.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It had very poor sensitivity on 800 and 900Mhz. Presumably also 700, but I never loaded the nearby 700Mhz P25 trunk system in. UHF and the little VHF I had programmed in were fine.

The repair slip says that they replaced Q2 and Q3.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
UPS, FedEx and USPS all have apps which will inform you once a shipping label is created, even before it has a tracking number. While I agree a repair tracking website is the better solution, these are alternatives that I use and are very handy.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
It had very poor sensitivity on 800 and 900Mhz. Presumably also 700, but I never loaded the nearby 700Mhz P25 trunk system in. UHF and the little VHF I had programmed in were fine.

The repair slip says that they replaced Q2 and Q3.

Gary's, I am just curious in regards to what issues you with 700mhz reception? Was it low RSSI?

garys

Premium Subscriber
I never loaded the nearby 700 site, so i can't be specific. On 800/900 it just didn't receive as well as theothe 325p2 i have.

Gary's, I am just curious in regards to what issues you with 700mhz reception? Was it low RSSI?

diskmonger

Just wanted to share my Uniden repair story/timeframe:

My SDS-200 was starting to have the screen issue, it also suffered from the "hum" or what I would call "electrical noises". I shipped it out on 1-7-21 and received it back on 1-23-21. So, pretty much a 2 week turn around. The invoice stated they replaced the LCD screen and fixed a grounding issue.

I never did see the repair status populate on their repair website as others have reported here. The radio just showed up one day.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
I went thru this when I got mine repaired and finally got it back. We couldn't blame Covid then but now it appears all do. I was told that the repairs were outsourced and done off property and for some reason that pisssed people off when I said it.

Be safe

cmed325

Premium Subscriber
I shipped my BCT15X on 1/4/22,,,I recd it back on 1/19/22,,,Repaired,,Almost fell out of my chair when the delivery guy came to the door. The packing slip says they replaced the whole radio due to the warranty,,pretty good day id say.

Status
Not open for further replies.