Uniden Scanner Problem, please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bburnette21

I have a uniden base scanner that I use on my desk. I remodeled my office and left it in a plastic bag in the garage for a month or so and now i have put it back on my desk. I turned it on to find that it always has alot of static and does not stop until someone keys up and transmit on the channel its on. When they transmit it stops with the static but the transmission isnt loud at all you can just barely hear it.

Also, my squelch knob isnt working for some reason, i have taken apart the unit and there are no apparent loose wires.

Any and all help is appreciated!!

sjlamb

Seriously.... it sounds like a component failure in the audio section. Is the display dimming also? Which model is it? Sounds like symptoms that I've encountered in models such as BC-800XLT, BC-210XLT, BC-210XL, BC-147XLT, etc

Really can't advise much without knowing exactly which model you're talking about.

W9NES

What is the scanner make and model number of the scanner you are having problems with? Then we can go from there as to fix the problem with the unit.

millrad

Premium Subscriber
scanner help

Sounds like you might be getting computer or external interference that's holding open your squelch, until a strong signal overrides it.
Try moving the scanner different locations in the house and then turning it back on. See if that makes any difference, and/or try an external antenna.

W9NES

We do not know that at this time.The person asking the question did not tell us the brand of scanner and the model number that he is having problems with.If It is a problem with the unit and something has gone bad inside the unit the person will continue to have these problems. Is this scanner a Uniden? What is the model number of the said unit that is giving you a problem? The scanner infomation can be found on the back of the scanner.

bburnette21

We do not know that at this time.The person asking the question did not tell us the brand of scanner and the model number that he is having problems with.If It is a problem with the unit and something has gone bad inside the unit the person will continue to have these problems. Is this scanner a Uniden? What is the model number of the said unit that is giving you a problem? The scanner infomation can be found on the back of the scanner.

It is a Uniden Bearcat BC350A

Status
Not open for further replies.