Unit numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCANdal

Silent Key

The formula is rather simple. The units IDs as the precinct number followed by the assigned patrol sector. Examples include 1A, 5B, 7C, 120A, 122D, 123P. Oftentimes, on radio zone channels, the first digit(s) are dropped in multi-digit precinct designations (i.e. 3A instead of 33A, 2E, or 22E, instead of 122E). Units assigned to cover multiple sectors ID only has the alphabetic first sector (i.e. 28BCD will only go over the air as 28B).

Units that are not assigned to patrol sectors will identify in the clear. Examples include 13 Special Operations Lieutenant (or SOL or Special Ops), 9HOW for House of Worship car, 120 Beat 1 (a community policing post), 19 Training Sargeant, 23 Critical Response Vehicle (CRV, or just plain Critical, the car designated for availablity for citywide emergencies), 24IRT (IMPACT Response Team), 34 Crime (the anti-crime [plainclothes] team)...there are way too many to list. Did you have a specific ID in mind that you had a question about?

SCANdal

Southtown800 said:
i was just looking for the regular patrol units near park hill where i live, but i think you pretty much explained it...thanks alot

The 120 Precinct covers Park Hill. What sector Park Hill is in, I dunno; unless you get a hold of a sector map of the 120, which is nearly impossible unless you're an MOS. Sector cars usually answer other calls outside of their assigned sectors anyways. Hope this gives you some further help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.