Unitrunker Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have been using the DOS Trunker for years and now an trying to set up operations with UniTrunker. I am trying to use an R8500's discriminator output to send data to the computer via the sound card. Using Trunk88 or UniTrunker Retro I can get the system to decode, but I can't seen to configure the current version of UniTrunker.

The referenced UniTrunker guide at Utahradio.org only shows info on using certian scanner data outputs for the control data, not discriminator audio.

Is there a step-by-step guide to UniTrunker that shows how to set up the program from scratch, especially for using a discriminator equipped radio into the sound card vs. an XT or GRE's data output?

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
Is there a step-by-step guide to UniTrunker that shows how to set up the program from scratch, especially for using a discriminator equipped radio into the sound card vs. an XT or GRE's data output?
I thought the Utah Radio guide covered this ...

From the Receivers tab, click "+".
Double-click on the "Unconfigured" receiver.
Set the receiver's Type to "Signal"; this will cause additional sections to appear - including Signal and Decode.
For receiver model - type in something meaningful like "R8500".
For receiver role - use "Signal".
Leave the receiver "Run" state at "Stopped" for now.
Under the Signal section, fill in the settings comparable to your Unitrunker Retro configuration.
Sample Rate of 44100, 48000 or 96000.
Sample Size of 16 bits is recommended.
Channel of "Mono" is good - unless you were using something different in Retro.
Leave the Decode and Feeds sections alone for now.
Go back to the receiver "Run" state and set it to "running".
Click on the "Scope" tab to see the waveform.
Adjust recording level according to instructions here.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Thanks! that did it.

It will take this old DOS Trunker user a while to get the hang of UniTrunker but I like what I see!

How about a suggestion? On the Groups tab of the System windows can it be set up to allow one to click or unclick the Listen boxes?

Highpockets

I thought the Utah Radio guide covered this ...

From the Receivers tab, click "+".
Double-click on the "Unconfigured" receiver.
Set the receiver's Type to "Signal"; this will cause additional sections to appear - including Signal and Decode.
For receiver model - type in something meaningful like "R8500".
For receiver role - use "Signal".
Leave the receiver "Run" state at "Stopped" for now.
Under the Signal section, fill in the settings comparable to your Unitrunker Retro configuration.
Sample Rate of 44100, 48000 or 96000.
Sample Size of 16 bits is recommended.
Channel of "Mono" is good - unless you were using something different in Retro.
Leave the Decode and Feeds sections alone for now.
Go back to the receiver "Run" state and set it to "running".
Click on the "Scope" tab to see the waveform.
Adjust recording level according to instructions here.

I added this to the receivers section of the guide, if you get a chance check and see if it will help or if any changes need to be made or added.
Qlajlu was the Wiki Man, first time I ever did anything in the Wiki. :)

SCPD

QRT
highpockets said:
I added this to the receivers section of the guide,
Thank you!

On the Groups tab of the System windows can it be set up to allow one to click or unclick the Listen boxes?
Place the grid in edit mode by either (a) pressing the F2 key or (b) clicking the edit mode button on the tool bar (icon of a hand holding a pen). After that, a click or space bar will toggle the checkbox. Press F2 (or Escape) to exit edit mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.