Unitrunker not decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

i get it running and i set it a little less until i get a good signal then after i lose signal then i change it to my final settings

Phil_KD0SCJ

Well, I am sorry to have to ask for help again so soon. I assure you I have done due diligence in searching the forum and the internet in general, so I am thinking, hoping, that this is something that is so basic that I am the only person that missed it. Here's the deal:

I received my second dongle. I applied the drivers like the first one, figured out it's particular ppm correction, filled out the receiver form like my tutorial showed me, and followed the procedure there. My problem is that my voice receiver never leaves Priority = Parked, even as the calls go scrolling by on the signal receiver. If I park the voice receiver on the control frequency, I hear pretty much the same thing as the signal receiver. I am doing nothing at all with SDR#, and don't plan to.

As I understand it (a very slim understanding) as each call arrives via the signal receiver, the voice receiver priority should change from Parked to that particular call frequency. Is this assumption true?

Here are some screenshots for your viewing pleasure:

receivers.jpg

options.jpg

signalreceiver.jpg

site.jpg

voicereceiver.jpg

I noticed that the receiver's Listen box has Source and Target fields. The tutorial screenshot unfortunately does not show what these might be set to. I'm guessing that may be the issue. The text of the tutorial does not mention it either. (I plan to send a note to the author of the tutorial when I get a working example... it's missing some important stuff).

I am getting PM's from people asking for help. When I get this working, I am going to give back every chance I get. But, my next little step is to get the voice receiver to start doing it's thing. As always, all comments greatly appreciated... Even trolls if you are entertaining.

Thank You....

~Phil

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Hi Phil;

Yes, your basic assumption is correct. Thank you for the screen shots - they're a big help.

Take note of the "P25" check box in the Control section of your receivers. There is also an "APCO P25" check box in the Decode section of both receivers. The check box under the Decode section applies to your "Signal" receiver - which seems to working fine.

The check box under the Control section applies to voice following. Your voice receiver has Analog checked but P25 is not checked. Since you're monitoring a system that does not carry analog calls, your voice receiver won't get any activity. Checking the "P25" box should fix this.

If you think this will allow you to hear P25 voice traffic ... sorry, but no, that won't work. The program does not decode the voice channels. If you have a third party program like DSD or DSD+, you can pipe the audio from the voice receiver to the third party program to decode un-encrypted traffic. I didn't see any encrypted calls in your Site window call history so I think you're good there.

If you have more questions about Unitrunker - ones that do not involve SDR#, HDSDR, etc. - please post those questions in the Trunking Control Channel Decoding forum. For questions on programs like DSD and DSD+, please post to the forum just below named "Digital Voice Decoding Forum".

Good luck!

Phil_KD0SCJ

And suddenly, it works after checking the P25 box. The tutorial screen shot shows this unchecked. Another thing to mention to the author.

Yes, I know this has to go to decode next. I spent a lot of time studying while I was waiting for hardware. I may have this puppy running tonight yet... thanks to your help.

The only encrypted calls I ever see are the Border Patrol. Not much at that.

Ok, and finally, thank you for directing me to better forums to post future questions. I became a paying member about a week ago and it is proving to be an excellent investment.

~Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.