Unitrunker Release 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Release 27 (1.0.27.20)

The minor bug where the de-emphasis check box was not saved has been fixed.

SCPD

QRT
Build 20 (1.0.27.20) has a significant bug. I've removed it from the download folder. Please roll back to 1.0.27.19. The bug is a truncation of data containing XML special characters like "&". If you notice some of your talkgroup labels have been chopped, use the "Take me back" button on the Archive tab to rollback your data to an earlier revision.

joeuser

The Wretched
Most helpful scancapecop. IIRC, u had a nice how-to for using WME to broadcast your feed, right? Years ago?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Just a quick question ?

doh ... I see that one of my questions was answered above and the other issue was a PSR Edit program setting that was not as needed.

So .. onwards. Btw .. love the new Unitrunker version.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I will post here .. and hope I am not thread hijacking. But this is about Unitrunker so I should be fine.

So .. having a bit of an issue staying on a talkgroup. (Edacs system).
I did make a separate system for Unitrunker with fictitious talkgroups and set it to scan.

As a test .. for now I will park it on one talkgroup and leave it there to see if it works better.

The PSR500 went almost nuts and started to cycle between the 2 control channels that there have been in the last 2 or so days since Unitrunker has been installed. I figure this is the chase feature of Unitrunker at work.

I turned off the chase feature .. and it seems fine, for now. But wondering if I really need that on for when the control channel changes ?

My other option is maybe setup a conventional system .. with just the frequencies of the 20 lcn's and leave the scanner to scan between them. This is how my discriminator tapped Etrunker is set up .. so it will always find that control channel.

On the system here any of the lcn's can be control channels so I have marked all 20 lcn's as such in Unitrunker.

So .. what is the best way to ensure that the PSR500 stays on the control channel. The control channel did not change btw .. but somehow the PSR500 lost its way. I can normally sit on a talkgroup for days without issue normally. I also have a 780XLT that sits on one talkgroup and it never has any issues.

I do not use Unitrunker for a second tracking scanner at all .. just want it to sit and decode the control channel data.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

SCPD

QRT
Chase doesn't work with the PSR500 - but you don't need it anyway. You've programmed the site into the PSR500 with a non-existent talk group. When operating in trunked mode, the radio follows the control channel for you.

The Chase feature places the radio in Tune mode. Not sure why but sometimes the PSR500 drops out of decoding control information in Tune mode. Aside from this issue - the radio takes a bit longer than I like to acquire the control channel. The scan logic has already moved on the next channel before the radio starts producing data.

You can scan the control channels as conventional channels. This works well enough for older, bank oriented non-trunking scanners tapped to provide discriminator audio. The downside is sometimes one of the channels happens to be carrying a voice call. The signal radio pauses on the voice channel expecting control data. Eventually the call drops and the radio resumes scanning.

I don't know if the PSR500 produces trunking data when told to scan a conventional channel.

You can reliably use the Chase feature with the RTL based USB sticks.

xrorx

Premium Subscriber
Do you only have to select CHASE for a RTL USB stick to follow (find) the control if the system is populate with the frequencies?

SCPD

QRT
Chase doesn't work with the PSR500 - but you don't need it anyway. You've programmed the site into the PSR500 with a non-existent talk group. When operating in trunked mode, the radio follows the control channel for you.

The Chase feature places the radio in Tune mode. Not sure why but sometimes the PSR500 drops out of decoding control information in Tune mode. Aside from this issue - the radio takes a bit longer than I like to acquire the control channel. The scan logic has already moved on the next channel before the radio starts producing data.

You can scan the control channels as conventional channels. This works well enough for older, bank oriented non-trunking scanners tapped to provide discriminator audio. The downside is sometimes one of the channels happens to be carrying a voice call. The signal radio pauses on the voice channel expecting control data. Eventually the call drops and the radio resumes scanning.

I don't know if the PSR500 produces trunking data when told to scan a conventional channel.

You can reliably use the Chase feature with the RTL based USB sticks.

Thanks .. and the program seems to be working much better now now that I have tweaked the PSR500 just a bit.

SCPD

QRT
Don't know if this has been answered before, but I searched and found nothing.

But .. when I click on the Unitrunker main window, I get a blue line on that line. But .. I know I can double click to edit. I just don't click on anything now .. ;)

It just blocks the transmission data below .. so it is an issue.

The only fix I can find is restarting the program. Not ideal.

Anyone know how to remove that line ? (On the bottom part of the screen it is not such a big issue as it will eventually scroll off the screen, but not the top part).

joeuser

The Wretched
I understand. Its great software, very stable (mine runs a week straight w.o issue), love the logging features. Hope you enjoy it also.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
There is a setting in the program that will fix this "non issue" .. go to your system and find the Options at the bottom. I feel embarrassed now.

Change the "Selected Row Back" to the same color as your background. It will make the BLUE go away .. as that is the default.

You can also change the "Selected Row Cell" as well if you like.

The only thing is that it is somewhat harder to know what you have selected .. so it is up to you how you want to display it.

I would suggest playing with the display setting til it looks how you like it ... I just did and I am happy I did. Great program.display options.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
S

screamin72

HAPPPYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Edacs96 system HOLD WORKS in the new preview!!!!!!:D
If Rick was holding out on the announcement sorry I couldn't help myself. I am always checking that preview folder weekly. UniTrunker is improved!:D

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Everyone, if you need assistance with the program please start your own thread. Do not use announcement threads as they get cluttered and difficult to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.