Unknown Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I will be brief as possible.

My 436 and 536 are programmed identical....so I thought. Today when I turned on my 536, and turning on only ONE quick key that I like to monitor, caused issues that, after 3 hours or so, I am officially confused.

536: I turned on QK 1 only, which controls one system: North West Central Dispatch. (NWCD). received "Nothing to Scan" message.

Went into Sentinel Software on the 536 and checked "Set Scan Selection" and "Manage Favorites." No issues..QK 1 was set to ON in each case.

Tried monitoring again. "Nothing to Scan."

Downloaded Sentinel to 536; perhaps that will fix it. But, no.

Checked QK 1 on my 436...it worked well.

Went thru "programming System/QK1." Everything looked okay.; Turned off..turned on..Nothing to Scan.

All other systems scanning just fine except for QK11. Both have "1" in the number; Hmmm. QK 13, 14, 15 work fine..just 1 and 11.

Hmmm again. Banged head, went out for smoke, *****ed about this to wife, got coffee. Wife does not understand,. nor does she want to.

Compared settings in 436 with 536, QK1. Turned out that the "Band Plan" in the 536 was missing a few lines. Went into Sentinel, and found the band plan there did NOT match the 436, so I manually copied the Band Plan from 436 to Sentinel and downloaded to 536 again. Nothing to Scan.

Looked at Band Plan in the 536. It did NOT take the update I just did, so I manually typed in matching plan from my 436.

That stayed in the 536. Turned it off, turned it on, checked for identical band plan, pressed QK1. Ta Daaa! "Nothing to Monitor."

What is up? I've spent hours on this issue. The QK1 navigation looks like this in the 536: F1: *1**-*----. However, it looks the same in my 436, which is working. All the other Quick Keys show the QK number only.

I know this is a setting within the QK system itself, and as above, the navigation screen does not look right, but I am OUT of options.

Any help please? Thanks. Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
What a waste of time yet I am elated. I looked into something I really was not familiar with: 1: Set Scan Selection; 2: Manage Quick Key Status; 3:SYSTEMS quick Key; NWCD was turned OFF. Turned it on now working as it should.

In my defense, I always went to the "Favorites Quick Key." I never had to select or use the "System Quick Key" option; this is the first time I remember using it. Now that's THREE places one must check just to ensure a QK is on.

I was going to delete this whole post, but thought it might help someone else in the future. HAPPY 4th! Greg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.