Unknown NAC Shows up on Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Tonight while listening to 460.050 on my Uniden Home Patrol I picked up an unknown NAC of NAC BD2 on a digital frequency. Is this a real NAC ?? I can't find anything on the web. Or is Home Patrol giving me a false read on the NAC ?

garys

Premium Subscriber
No reason that can't be a valid NAC. Although most seem to be three numbers, I've seen combinations and a few all letter ones.

ecps92

Yup, could be Valid.

0-9 and A-F are all the valid combinations for NAC's

Not all NAC's in-use have been reported and we still have agencies moving to NFM and then also converting to FT or PT P25 as part of that move.

Tonight while listening to 460.050 on my Uniden Home Patrol I picked up an unknown NAC of NAC BD2 on a digital frequency. Is this a real NAC ?? I can't find anything on the web. Or is Home Patrol giving me a false read on the NAC ?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
As previously noted, pretty much any hex value from 000 to FFF can show up as a P-25 NAC. Now the question of weather or not they are "valid" brings up a point.

On the GRE radios, I have noted some oddball NACs that show up occasionally. For example, a certain agency will use a NAC of N301. I will note that the radio will consistently show 301, but suddenly on one transmission, it may show a completely different NAC. But just on once, and the rest of the transmissions show the normal NAC.

I have not really noted this behavior on the Uniden XT radios yet.

So the question of a NAC being valid, if it displays a particular NAC consistently, then it is probably valid.

- Chris

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber

It is the correct NAC and is the Escambia County, FL Jail operations in Pensacola. Starting next month all Escambia County Sheriff, Fire and EMS will be P25 digital and most all channels will be encrypted. The new system will still be conventional on the current frequencies except for Fire. Every channel on the system has a different NAC code by design to help control any intermod/interference. Here are the new Fire channels that will come on-line next month.

1. 460.575 Fire Dispatch
2. 460.625 Fire TAC 1
3. 453.275 Fire TAC 2
4. 460.600 Fire TAC 3

These frequencies have already been submitted to the Florida database admin and he will change RR when they go into service.

Can You Hear Me Now? New Radio System Could Cost Escambia $12.5 Million : NorthEscambia.com

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Signal 500 . Thanks, I was afraid that was who I was hearing. 460.175 is also Encypted and Digital. Also found a new control on 460.0375.

460.175 is Escambia County, FL Sheriff Office Central Booking Department. I haven't heard anything on 460.0375 from northwest Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.