Update need for Laurel Ms 39440

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSTER

Need some help! Some thing seam to have happens to The 39440 area code about Police , Fire , an Medical Frequency... Can some one look to see if there is a recent change?

DickH

Need some help! Some thing seam to have happens to The 39440 area code about Police , Fire , an Medical Frequency... Can some one look to see if there is a recent change?

Make sure you have all the freqs. entered. The control channel may have changed.

ROSSTER

I have a HomePatrol scanner, an download new updates an firm wear... I checked to see if Jones country is showing, an dose... How every I think that there should be 32 showing for Jones? If so can't finger out how to add or override the download software yet...

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Moved to the Mississippi forum. Please read the Sticky posts at the top of their respective forums before creating threads. Thanks.

bama9999

I see that Jones County SO and Laurel PD are showing to be on MSWIN using TDMA, which the Homepatrol won't receive.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Jones County Public Safety has primarily moved to the MSWIN using TDMA, with Ellisville PD being fully encrypted TDMA.

bama9999

I drove through Jones county on Tuesday, on my way down to Biloxi, and noticed that on both Laurel PD and Jones S.O. that dispatch was in the clear, but the mobiles were encrypted.

ROSSTER

We'll I stall can't here Jones Co. I would like to know who makes the random changes ? I under stand some need of Security on some users, how every when the need to get update weather event, next door medical calls an other information to make good an inform live changing event! I would like to be able know if a Storm on the way, form eyes on the ground like old times the past 30 years!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Motorola is ending support for the type of system Jones County was using. They had to upgrade. Just like with computers, an OS, as well as certain hardware only last so long, and then support ends for them and upgrades must happen. For example, Microsoft just ended support for the XP OS'es (which I truly loved), so I had to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate, so my system is still usable for a couple more years.

honeydipped

I purchased my scanner from Radioshack and I have been blocked from hearing anything. Does anyone know the codes for Jones county and Laurel area?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
All Jones County Law Enforcement is full time Encrypted, so you will never hear them again. Fire/EMS, is still clear. All ops are on the MSWIN TRS. Other agencies you can hear are MHP, DOT, F&W, etc.

dosboot

All Jones County Law Enforcement is full time Encrypted, so you will never hear them again. Fire/EMS, is still clear. All ops are on the MSWIN TRS. Other agencies you can hear are MHP, DOT, F&W, etc.

I received info from a very creditable source that some Jones county Sheriff, and all VFD was removing encryption, has anyone else heard this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
None of the folks I know down there can confirm or deny that. If they do remove it it would be awesome. I wouldn't bet on full removal though, I would put my money on only dispatch being opened. Tacticals etc would (and should) stay encrypted. Would also be a good precedent to show to say... Little Rock, AR and most of SELA? :) Not to mention none of the FD's are E at all are they?

KE5TLF

Only ever rarely get to copy traffic from around there with some great ducting but whenever I have heard VFD traffic it was all in the clear. So no idea what that's about.

While on the topic, Is the South Tower still on the air, or is it about (or past) time to depreciate 3C35?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Pending reply on the status of JCTRS South Tower,... Will pull the plug on it if confirmed its down... I figure it should be gone by now, just like the Lee and Forrest County systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.