UPMan, When is next desktop scanner coming out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Either:

1) We are not going to have a replacement, or
2) We are not prepared to announce any such model.

zzdiesel

I thought so too, but I'm sure there will be a replacement in due time. I hope it means the 996T will still be up to date for a good while. I can't believe that handhelds are so much more popular.

ECHO3

Gee, one might think you aren't having fun with firmware upgrades. I think there will be 2 or 3 or ? more before a second generation 996 is released. LOL

Last edited:

j0nnyb1aze

Not really. All he said was "No comment".

exactly.

Granted I'm leaning toward number 2. I can pretty much guarantee that eventually there will be a replacement. How soon that will be nobody knows, and Uniden probably won't tell us until its relatively close as to not hurt sales on the current model.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Id expect about a year from now, after the 396XT being thats how it went for the 396/996

You can bet there WILL be a replacement sometime (they wont keep the 996T forever) but the question is when

FlashSWT

The main upgrade I'm looking forward to is the 500 TGs per system like the new 396XT. NAC decode will also be welcome when the new version finally arrives. I'll be buying one just as soon as it is available.

elsinga

I would really love a trunking scanner with MPT1327 support for us Europeans. ;) And more memory (I just can't seem to fit the 4000+ channels I have in my 3500XLT), with more groups per system than 20 (100 will do), autostoring CC hits while scanning systems, programmable repeater reverse (which now makes no sense at all in Europe) and programmable bandplan. Please? ;)

Last edited:

vortex360

You can bet there WILL be a replacement sometime (they wont keep the 996T forever) but the question is when

Why not just be patient? I'm not in a hurry to go fork out another 500 bills and we just got the answer, who needs speculation from a Uniden outsider?

Viper43

I'd expect a new model about 6 months after it's announced, and so far nothing has been announced....

V

Status
Not open for further replies.